PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,400 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    I say this only half jokingly as many years ago I worked beside a woman who over a few weeks turned a very strange orangey colour. Her GP thought it might be gall bladder/liver related and she had loads of tests all of which were clear. Turned out in a bid to lose weight she had been following a "celeb" juice/de-tox diet but didn't really like F&V so had stuck those she liked namely tomatoes. carrots and oranges and had overloaded on carotene and other orange pigments so the excess had ended up in her soft tissues & skin. Talk about "see in the dark" it was more "glow in the dark":rotfl:Must have been very worrying for her but she did see the funny side:cool:

I've read about that happening to people!:rotfl:
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I was trying to have a lie-in as I have to fast for a blood test this morning so of course I woke up at 5.:(

I'm going to have to wait until about 1 as it gets so busy in there. I would rather wait at home and be hungry than go and wait in a massive queue for an hour or more.:D
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Scorchio again here this morning.

Do I really have to work out what to eat and eat again today?

I suspect two more sausage rolls will win. Opened the pack yesterday, 6 in a pack it's always 2/meal.

Then there's that lurking curry leftovers ... not today I fear.

I've bread rolls and I've a hard boiled egg and some grated cheese, so that seems like a winner, especially as there's an eggy whiff each time I open the fridge as I just wrapped it in kitchen paper this time instead of the usual small freezer bag twisted shut. I could have a cheesy chips bread roll :)

Who knows.... not me.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,267 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 23 July 2018 at 9:43AM
    Options
    'morning all

Absolutely baking here already, I remembered to put a timed wash in last night, so pegged that out before much else

Then porridge, again, breakfast, this time with my mixed berry gloop, honey & HM yoghurt

Then tied up my tomatoes, they are now top heavy and pot toppled over, no harm done, except my conservatory is now like a cat's cradle with string tied to window bars & holding the canes up:o
    At least all are ripening, and the outdoor ones are ripe now, beaten the blight outside for once

Last night's MFO Shepherds' pie was really slurry with mash, it was YS, not sure I'd bother again, even if YS

Hope the wobbles ease of Caron

Saved from poisoning again, Money, ta

Pity about the curry PN, such a disappointment when something that is a treat turns out pants

I hope same does not happen to me, I've got a consultation at another hospital, a new posh private hospital but I'm NHS, the intention is post review into nearby garden centre for a mooch & lunch. However I've looked on Trip Advisor, cafe reviews are not brilliant, but I mustn't judge without at least trying

That's lunch, dinner no idea. Back later post Dr & cafe

PS Wednesday, that's a pity about the wait for blood, lucky here ours are appointment and I always ask & get the first morning slot. They give priority to fasting tests
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    Farway wrote: »
    '

PS Wednesday, that's a pity about the wait for blood, lucky here ours are appointment and I always ask & get the first morning slot. They give priority to fasting tests

That is a much better system, they don't do appointments here, you have to queue.

I was wondering if the kids being off school would mean it would be less or more busy there.

I'm really hungry already, haha I should probably stop reading what you guys are eating.:p
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,143 Forumite
    Options
    That is a much better system, they don't do appointments here, you have to queue.

I was wondering if the kids being off school would mean it would be less or more busy there.
    I'm really hungry already, haha I should probably stop reading what you guys are eating.:p

Our local hospital changed to a queuing system about 18 months ago the first time I went at 8am there were 50 people ahead of me :eek: and not all of those were fasting and the majority retirement age :cool: I had to top up the car parking and text work. There's no longer a quiet period as none of the doctors in town do their own bloods, with 3 monthly thyroid checks I have to work from home and have a long lunch to have a blood test these days :mad: I not sure my manager believes me.

Hygienist this morning at 8.30 temperature was 26 when I got back to the car at 9.30 :eek: going to be hot hot hot today not sure what I'm going to do other than cinema :think: if it's not too hot I want to tackle the small bedroom :eek:

Lunch will be chicken salad again, dinner not sure as it's a 5.15 film
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    Brambling wrote: »
    Our local hospital changed to a queuing system about 18 months ago the first time I went at 8am there were 50 people ahead of me :eek: and not all of those were fasting and the majority retirement age :cool: I had to top up the car parking and text work. There's no longer a quiet period as none of the doctors in town do their own bloods, with 3 monthly thyroid checks I have to work from home and have a long lunch to have a blood test these days :mad: I not sure my manager believes me.

I was lucky as there were only 13 in front of me and it was quite quick.

My word, it is hot out there today!:eek:
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,267 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Back from hospital appointment, and lunch out

Went to different garden centre cafe than originally planned, it was too hot in that one. Lunch was a very nice ham & tom baguette, with salady bits

The garden centre was the one with a farm shop, dinner immediately decided, free range organic pork chop, looks a lovely one. I'm expecting it to be a nice as the one I had previously.
    I'll have it with a bit of salad, maybe a smidgen of frozen chunky chips

While in the farm shop I was persuaded to buy some of their free range eggs. I only buy free range anyway, but I'm assured these ones are super duper, hope so, they were twice the price of my normal free range:eek:
    I've an open mind, I know the pork is far better, just hope the eggs are same

Baking hot, I need to water the front plant pots, the sunflowers are quite droopy

I'll be having my own toms with the salad, my Harzfeur are ripe now. My first time with them, seed from L's of course. I see Beechgrove on the beeb is also trying them. I'll let you know how they are
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone,
    Appointments here for bloods etc. thankfully and fasting tests are always done first thing.
    Boiler has been serviced so fingers crossed it lasts another year as it's pretty elderly:).
    I've had my planned very quiet day, boring but it does help:).
    Grocery order arrived and has been put away, I needn't have worried about ekeing out the milk, the engineer took his coffee black and declined a biccie:cool:.
    Dinner tonight remains tbc but I think eggs & roasted veg will feature in some guise.
    The rain has held off so far but it looks as though it's going to pour down soon - so I'll nip out and water the greenhouse once I finish a cuppa and hopefully avoid getting soaked.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Phew only just & I mean "just" made it back in before torrential rain poured down:)

I think I may have Stupice tomatoes ready for picking:D but didn't linger in the greenhouse to get them as it was starting to drizzle.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback