PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Absolutely gorgeous sunny day here today. Got a lot done in the garden Beans, tomatoes,peppers,chillis all sown Living Salad fro Asda separated and potted up and sprinkled a few raddish seeds in between. Strawberry runners potted up, rhubarb and raspberries given a feed.

Also, having decided I need to get back on Slimming World Plan, have shopped and meal planned for next two weeks. So day 1 was

B Banana, berries and yoghurt.
    L Mushroom omelette with grilled tomato.
    D Mixed grill of sausage,bacon,tomato,mushrooms and toast
    S Cheese and ryevita, grapes and satsuma.
    Slimming World at target
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,253 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    'Morning folks

Fed up trying to get back to sleep, so I got up at 6. Bit dull out there but shop mooching will be done today, I need milk and "summat" for dinner

Because up early, made some yoghurt, now [STRIKE]stewing[/STRIKE] maturing in it's heater thingy

Pot of tea, with overnight soaked bowl of porridge, plus sliced banana, honey & Greekish yoghurt

Brambling wrote: »
    YS smoked salmon made into a sandwich for lunch and it will be venison steak with salad for dinner I may make a chimichurri sauce for the steak just debating whether I want to cook some new potatoes to go with it.

Living well there, shows the variety of CFO, my dinner was tin of sausage & beans on toast.
    Both options are OK IMO and reflect CFO, you choose what & when to eat
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    yay, sausage rolls will be made today, yummy. Preceded by a bowl of (dutiful) stir fried veg. Porridge and hemp seeds first thing and a slice of my toast with half a tin of those very nice costco sardines.

Berries and apple are defrosting to have with cacao nibs and yoghurt. I feel like going out to buy ice cream and sweets, arghh that blasted sweet tooth of mine. I will do my utmost to resist, anyway it is a round trip too far and then I would feel guilty at scoffing anyway

So the least I can do is sharpen some more tools, then listen to the archers
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,139 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Farway wrote: »
    '
    Living well there, shows the variety of CFO, my dinner was tin of sausage & beans on toast.
    Both options are OK IMO and reflect CFO, you choose what & when to eat

Because I'm worth it :rotfl::rotfl: it made up for the cba bowl of cereal for Friday's dinner :D

I will say the YS smoked salmon was Hestons lapsang Souchong smoked from Waitrose and I realised why they had so much at half price not my cup of tea! So I will turn the rest into pate with some cream cheese and loads of black pepper for lunch. Chicken salad for dinner. A friend was coming for lunch today and requested salad and now can't make it so I'm working my way though the salad.
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • wort
    wort Posts: 1,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yesterday was up way too early for a Saturday off work , read my watch wrong! Dd2 picked up dgson at 9.30 so I went into front garden and cleared weeds from the path.
    I had the last of the hm leek and potato soup for lunch, then went to dd2 s whilst they were out to look at her back garden.
    She doesn't know what's flowers and what's weeds, unfortunately it looks like couch grass in her beds (it's rented property) and I only had hand tools with me, I think it will need digging over to get it all out:eek: so I cleared a bit then did the patio, the sun had come out and I didn't have a t shirt on! I had a long sleeve thermal top on!!
    I nipped from there to see sil as she lives in same street, and got back in time to have tea before the grand national.
    FINALLY had fish fingers chips and beans!:j well worth the wait.
    Jam and cream scone and cup of tea in the conservatory lovely and warm in there, was just starting to doze when luckily my sister turned up.
    I had good sleep for once, and today is dry but not sunny, as yet anyway.
    Dgson will be back later, so I'm having gf poppy seed bread with ham salad for lunch and roast chicken for dinner, I've got carrots and cauli and swede , but feel like something else, so not decided yet.
    I've got some rubeckia seeds to go in , and sis brought me a cutting of anemone, to go in today too.
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,097 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Lots of lovely sounding food in CFO land being made/eaten this weekend. Venison and fishfingers are both things I'm very fond of but not had for ages, I've both in the freezer so no excuse not to really;).

Ages ago I sous vided then froze a couple of duck breasts so they popped in the fridge last night for dinner tonight. I'm not sure what we are having with them yet though I think my son is planning to pop to the Chinese supermarket if he goes to Glasgow so possibly that might inspire us:).

Seems as though all the CFO gardeners are much further ahead with their growing than me. I really do need to get cracking on with this but weather and health seem to be conspiring against me so far! I must get some more seeds started they are definitely not going to produce anything while still in the packet;).

I'm going to need some more milk if I want to put off my next grocery delivery until later this week. I don't think I actually "need" anything else but I think I'll be asking my son to get some sausages rolls as I've still got a notion for these:)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    one of those mornings and my food kept on calling to me, so I have eaten lunch early, really it was those sausage rolls that were calling. I made 4 and ate two, when one would have done, yikes. I also ate lots of stir fried veg and now feel satisfied, something which porridge just does not do. I am cooling the other 2 and they will be in the fridge very soon, for tomorrow

I used some carrots and swede and did mashed carrot and swede, with butter and nutmeg. They only take 4 minutes in the pressure cooker and I will divide into enamel dishes for tonight and for the fridge and freezer. All I will do is pop an egg in a dip and then bake, all I will need for my last meal and I like egg with carrot and swede

Thats it for food for today, just the berry/apple/yoghurt bowl left. Got to find something to do as it is dull out and threatens rain, got enough knitted items to last a lifetime, so no knitting. Nothing on tv but I have a stack of dvds from years ago, used to get the newpaper just for the dvds, no boxes and all in slots in files. Maybe watch `how green was my valley` or `roots` or tenko or gone with the wind or something else like middlemarch
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,097 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have joined the "sausage roll" club:D

That's dinner tomorrow sorted!:D

Milk supplies also are topped up and a rack of pork ribs bought for future meals:)
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,253 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 15 April 2018 at 2:15PM
    Options
    Back from mooching, dinner sorted, YS fresh, head & tail on, cook in bag mackerel, plus YS yummy W/rose pork pie

Lunch was half the pie, with piccalilli, I had this in my warm conservatory, watching a wren collecting moss from one of my walls. They are nest building under the eaves. Love them, they work very hard every year eating my garden bugs

Now raining:( so not putting anything out to harden off today

Dinner will be the mackerel, I think with boiled new spuds and perhaps salad if I CBA with the salad part now it's raining and really not salad weather
    Brambling wrote: »
    I will say the YS smoked salmon was Hestons lapsang Souchong smoked from Waitrose and I realised why they had so much at half price not my cup of tea! .

Ha HA, I saw what you did there :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

PS, now fancying scones ever since I downloaded the misers cook book yesterday
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 April 2018 at 2:26PM
    Options
    I will spread my "bad habits" .... but there'll be happy little faces following the route :)

I had two hot sausage rolls for lunch. They aren't as good as the identical pack in the rival supermarket, but at least I've confirmed it now by having this 2nd pack from that shop.

I had 3 squares of chocolate a bit later on .... that's the whole bar gone now.

It's been raining here all day. I woke up at 5am, but then fell asleep again at about 6ish until 8.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback