PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    BucksLady wrote: »
    AP, that was so thoughtless of that lady. Don't dwell on it though xx

Agreed.

Chances are too that she may not be that good at reading British "signals" (or lack of). It does take some years to "learn the (non-verbal) language".....

Don't worry yourself about it...
  • bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,515 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Id say she simply doesn't understand grief and equates single with available.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Hmm re the romances.... I am completing this on my mobile, so apostrophe avoidance is the name of the game.
    Not a lot of exciting cooking going on here, but I have managed to get enough mojo together to make my own bread, it is still very cold here, and I am yet to brave the shops.
    Yet again, the A!di recipe came up trumps. Rather than 340 ml of water, it is 310 water and 30 of olive oil, to 500g of flour.
    This never fails me, and gives the result I want every time. I just wish that A!di would always have the strong bread flour in stock when I want it.
    My latest loaf is overflowing the tin... time to deal with it.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I really am noticing feeling a lot less hungry avoiding gluten. I think I will step on the scales after a week to see if I lose any weight.

The breakfast I made filled me up so I've only had a pear and half a packet of crisps since then.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Thanks. It wasn't partcularly good news as one had high liver levels and they think he may have Cushing's disease, we have to take him back next week.:(
    Fingers crossed he's ok x
    MrAPJI wrote: »
    Some ladies can act inappropriately too. Over the years I can recall some very strange situations. At the moment I'm dealing with a lady who has made it quite apparent that she fancies me. Last week I did the neighbourly thing and asked the lady in question whether she would like me to clear her drive. We had really heavy snowfall and the conditions outside were dreadful. Having cleared the drive she then asked me whether I would like breakfast. In a way, I didn't feel I could refuse - felt it would be inpolite as she said she had started cooking it! This lady is single (mid forties and French) and lives with her two daughters. Her husband deserted the family a few years back. He simply left and was never seen again. Goodness knows what that was all about. Anyway, to me she was just another neighbour and I knew little more about her than what I have revealed. Returning to what happened.... I went in for breakfast and was surprised to see no sign of the daughters who I knew were at home. When I had finished eating, I noticed that her manner had changed (too friendly) and also that she had obviously taken a lot of time over her appearance and her perfume was really strong. I just ignored the signs...complimented her on the breakfast and then made a polite excuse to leave.... That's when she told me how much she fancied me and she wasn't shy in doing so. I was really surprised at her behaviour and told her so. In particular, that I had only recently lost my wife and felt her behaviour inappropriate. Never in a month of sundays' did I think an innocent act of kindness for a neighbour, would lead to so much trouble. Anyway, we are 'avoiding' each other lol and I will be glad to move away......
    That's shocking! You're completely right, behaving inappropriately isn't gender specific far from it.....

I got from my usual nap to find next door's cat "baby sitting" my slow cooker (just as well the lid was on...):rotfl::rotfl: I'd left the back door open to help the floors dry after mopping them, the sun has shifted now but I bet tomorrow the floor is covered in paw prints:(
  • wort
    wort Posts: 1,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've had more than one friend of my husbands ,make play for me when my husband was there! ! One even tried putting his hand down the back of my pants whilst talking to hubby. Needless to say he got a short shrift.

On the food front lunch was lo pasta ,then 2 kiwi fruits with yogurt.
    Just had tea with dgson, chicken jalfrezi, and rice, no poppadoms so had some tortillas, left from nachos the other week.
    I also had 2 onion bhaji.
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
  • wort
    wort Posts: 1,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks faraway ,I'll record gardeners world ,love that.
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think my prep is more or less on track for tomorrow. The pork has been pulled and I snaffled a taste (for quality control purposes of course ;)) and it's lovely. I do hope there are LOs:)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 March 2018 at 7:45AM
    Options
    my widowed bil has been targeted by a charlatan motherly woman, to the extent that she has arranged decorating his (very expensive) house.She made a beeline after three months of widowhood. He has been completely sucked in and has aspergers and is mighty clever but vulnerable. She is talking marriage. I am keeping well out of it, I`ll just say that he is wealthy and over 70, has 5 children who should have stepped up to the mark a long time ago. He would have not needed this comfort if they had been there for him. A friend of a friend also became a target while on a cruise and has been fleeced of his life savings. I live my life in my self-protective bubble

Food, same breakfast and will have cooked breakfast at 10, travelling to dd`s family, all of us going to the cinema. I`m going to be getting a rice medley prepared to be ready at 5.30, it stays warm for an hour. I need my evening food routine. Short visits are always best
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    The offensive posts concerned have now been deleted:T

Right - now thought for the day. Shall I get that cake-I-dont-want out of the freezer and take it along for refreshments at voluntary work time today? Could be a plan....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback