PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Wednesday2000
    Options
    I'm making wedges and having some of the Richmond vegan sausages and probably a side salad. Brunch. Some days I wake up starving.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,110 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, 
    After a wet & chilly day yesterday it's lovely and sunny here today. I've spent most of the morning on the phone but finally got the out of school club insurance sorted out - 7 calls and numerous emails & texts later!!!
    No beefy LOs here, we scoffed our steaks :). Tonight we are off to a local pub for dinner, it's a "chips with everything" kind of place but everything is freshly made and well cooked so the food is usually lovely, though portions tend to be not for the faint hearted!  Consequently lunch if just a couple of crackers with lobster pate and some fruit.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,302 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    It's just hammered down here, just as I was thinking one of the flower pots looked a bit droopy. Job done
    Completed my Asd@ on line order, due Weds lunchtime, I wonder if the bangers I keep ordering but always OOS will be dinner on Wednesday?

Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,160 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Your rain hasn't arrived here yet Farway but it's on its way according to BBC  :|

i hope you have a good meal out Caronc 

I thought the courgettes were over but just picked two and there looks to be two more tiny ones. I uses one of the ones already in the fridge to make a lime and courgette drizzle cake, it's still cooling but looks very moist and I'm not sure how easy it will be to cut to freeze as I think it may fall apart  :#

lunch was boiled eggs and soldiers dinner cold chicken, airfried chips and runner beans which kind of answers the question which comes first the chicken 🐔 or the egg 🥚 😁 
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,612 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    @Brambling could you partially freeze it before cutting the cake?
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,160 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks Baileys I may try that - it's very moist my nephew suggested having it with custard 🙄 I'll stick to my courgette, carrot and orange if I make another- although hopefully the courgette glut is nearly over
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,302 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Enough rain for you Brambling? :D It was tipping down & blowing a hooley, storm Frances I think
    I was up during the night, possibly the baked figs but never had any affect before :( All seems well now thankfully
    I heard the rain start, and my runners are down again but with the night's work I'm on a lazy day today anyway

I think today's meals will be kept light & simple
    I've a tin of tom soup just for such a day. And two more tins in the box from Asd@ should I fancy more
    I did have porridge for a late breakfast, which so far is not having adverse affects
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I had some vegan sausages for breakfast along with some crackers that needed using up. I had to go and get my thyroid meds this morning. It's really blustery outside.

I've been trying to book a flu jab online at Boots but it's not working. I will have to try and call the local pharmacy. I should have done it this morning while I was in there!
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    They said it was too early to book it and to call back at the end of September. I think more people will want to get the flu jab this year.

I don't know what I fancy for lunch...

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 August 2020 at 12:06PM
    Options
    Atrocious weather, now passed.  Did a quick run out to Mr T for goodies and things.  Haul was: 
    1 loaf, pack of crumpets, 2 pots of paste, tin of beans, tin of beans/sausages, 100g jar of coffee, 24 cans fizzy pop.
    A chilled quiche, pack of chilled 8 cumberland sausages, frozen pepperoni pizza, frozen cheesecake, frozen lasagne.
    That was somewhere between £13-14, with £6.50 being 24 fizzy pops.  The coffee is new to me, I usually grab 4ldi/L1dl cheapo granules, these are Mr T cheapo granules (70p/100g).  The frozen pizza I've put in the fridge and I'll cook that later today.

When you shop for one, especially with very limited storage, you're walking away from more than you're buying as you can't store/keep things, or find the opportunity to cook/eat them + there's the whole "can't eat everything your eyes see, you pig"
    Today I specifically didn't buy: more bananas, bag of doughnuts, chips, burgers, more doritos, even more fizzy pop.  I also didn't buy spuds, still got the last one of the 4-pack bought a fortnight ago to get round to eating.... and, the weather's so variable, I daren't buy 2.5Kg of spuds in case it turns hot and I struggle to get through them. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback