NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• LuSiVe
    LuSiVe Posts: 1,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I now have a customer number, a debit card (on which I assume is my sort code), and the *last* 4 digits of my account number. They gleefully tell me I can spend on the card but I can't as I can't put any money in my account :D
  • CGG
    CGG Posts: 746 Forumite
    Options
    Nebulous2 wrote: »
    I have an account, at least they keep telling me by email and text that I have, but I'm seriously lacking in numbers. I have an application number, part of a customer number - with Xs replacing the last 4 digits and a digidocs password.

What I don't have is a full customer number, a sort code or account number. Hopefully some of these will arrive with my card.

This is exactly the same for my husband. Emails and texts saying account is now open, and others stating card and pin on their way... Just nowhere has he been notified of the account no. Like you, just the first part of the Customer no.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    When you apply online and its a straight accept the account number comes up with the sort code and account no. Also if you phone Natwest and you pass security they will give you the account no. over the telephone.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,647 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Nebulous2 wrote: »
    I have an account, at least they keep telling me by email and text that I have, but I'm seriously lacking in numbers. I have an application number, part of a customer number - with Xs replacing the last 4 digits and a digidocs password.

What I don't have is a full customer number, a sort code or account number. Hopefully some of these will arrive with my card.

If yours follows the path mine has, you'll get letters, texts and emails all drip-feeding you bits of the same jigsaw - hopefully!
  • harz99
    Options
    If I switch an account with £1500 in it, do I still have to add another £1500?

My advice would be yes. The norm for other switch's I have done has been that banks do not count any money transferred under the switch itself.

Nothing to stop you paying the £1500 in and withdrawing again same day once online banking is fully setup and you have a card reader though.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 19 January 2018 at 11:28AM
    Options
    My switch from Halifax Reward to Nat West has completed this morning. £70 balance transferred. I paid in £1500 to Nat West earlier in the week and have withdrawn it, using new Nat West debit card and PIN and old RBS card reader. I have opened online a new Halifax Reward today and already have an account number and sort code for that. I have set up two Tesco Bank direct debits on it to pay out on 30 January (temporary measure, until I transfer back the two non-Tesco DDs which have moved with the original Halifax Reward to Nat West, should be done in time for the February payments). Will fund the new Halifax Reward with £750 before the end of January. Hopefully I won't miss out on the £3 reward for January. Just waiting for the Nat West bonus of £125 into the Nat West account by 13 April.
    Painless, so far, but not counting on anything....
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,149 Forumite
    Options
    I've applied for a Select account. Despite being an existing customer with a savings account, no confirmatory email or text or anything. Says I receive further information in the post. For one of the 'Big Four', they seem to be quite convoluted.
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • BarGin
    BarGin Posts: 952 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I applied for a Select account and heard nothing for a few days then received a package in the post wanting identification proofs. I took them into my local branch and was immediately asked if I really meant to apply for a Private account.

I said no and was asked to make an appointment to come to the branch again to have the account set up correctly. I did this yesterday and my account is now up and running.

I read the terms again this morning and noticed that one of the conditions was that the application must be made online. I phoned customer services and was assured that I qualified for the incentive. Being a pessimist I'm still not sure though.
  • harz99
    Options
    BarGin wrote: »
    I applied for a Select account and heard nothing for a few days then received a package in the post wanting identification proofs. I took them into my local branch and was immediately asked if I really meant to apply for a Private account.

I said no and was asked to make an appointment to come to the branch again to have the account set up correctly. I did this yesterday and my account is now up and running.

I read the terms again this morning and noticed that one of the conditions was that the application must be made online. I phoned customer services and was assured that I qualified for the incentive. Being a pessimist I'm still not sure though.

Can you email them and ask the question again (spell out exactly how you applied and why you verified in branch), that way you should have something more concrete than a phone call?
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,089 Forumite
    Options
    Switch complete this morning. Can't see my direct debits yet, but they're not exactly a requirement.

Now to pay in £1500 and done.

Don't do what i did and pay in the £1500 and withdraw the same day.
    My account got blocked and had to speak to the fraud dept who reluctantly released the monies back to one of my other bank accounts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure