NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    To the ones who have received their £125 - good!

To the ones who haven't, it's surely too late to analyse what they may not have done. The logical sequence would be to tackle Natwest on Monday to ask where their £125 is, if it's not in their accounts by then.

I imagine it's a bit tongue in cheek but talk of mental stress is absurd, isn't it? Some payments seems to be a bit late, which Natwest have acknowledged apparently, but it's not that important in the general scheme of things, things are often late arriving.

Though I suppose WW III might affect Natwest's efficiency. We'll have to see.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Other banks eg Halifax manage it by paying the bonus as soon as criteria met, so no big payout day involving millions of customers.

Millions? Or tens of thousands? If it is millions then they have some excuse for the payout to take so long ;)
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • atlantis187
    atlantis187 Posts: 1,444 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    still not had my incentive been checking the account all day and I have gone through all the t&c and met it all.

So basically as far I am concerned they are taking the !!!! dragging this out even longer for us. the switch incentive offer was launched in feb so they have had more than enough time to pay it when promised.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So basically as far I am concerned they are taking the !!!!
    And you/me/others weren't?
    the switch incentive offer was launched in feb
    Or even January. ;)
  • nomorekids
    nomorekids Posts: 416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This is a repeat of my previous post but to re iterate

for those that haven't got their £125

As well as meeting all the criteria.

Switching your old current account into the new/existing Nat West one had to be done completely online.

For some reason I ended up with a letter. This duly signed and sent off letter meant I then didn't automatically qualify for the incentive., the switch went through fine but no incentive received.

I still don't qualify for the incentive but Nat West are manually giving me £125 because I rang and chatted though everything with customer services. When I rang they said my case was unusual but a lot of people havent qualified because they have switched an account that isnt a current account so it might be worth checking this as well.
    If you want to be rich, never, ever have kids ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    How can you switch a non current account using CASS? CASS only switches current accounts to current accounts.
  • S_uk
    S_uk Posts: 337 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I waited until midnight (as earlier posters insisted) and I never did receive the payment.

And to top it off online banking is currently inaccessible.

Natwest goofed up big time.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 April 2018 at 2:16AM
    Options
    nomorekids wrote: »

Switching your old current account into the new/existing Nat West one had to be done completely online.

For some reason I ended up with a letter. This duly signed and sent off letter meant I then didn't automatically qualify for the incentive., the switch went through fine but no incentive received.

I still don't qualify for the incentive but Nat West are manually giving me £125 because I rang and chatted though everything with customer services. When I rang they said my case was unusual but a lot of people havent qualified because they have switched an account that isnt a current account so it might be worth checking this as well.

No requirement for switching specifically online:

"..complete a full switch of a non-NatWest account to your eligible account using the Current Account Switch Service."
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    nomorekids wrote: »

And this is a repeat of my previous reply to your previous post:
    Absolutely untrue. I had to sign and return a form by post and my switch incentive was paid in to my account on 12th without any issue. My father went into branch to complete his and he too received the switch incentive, without any issue, on 12th.
  • TheJackah
    TheJackah Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have not received my bonus. Poor service by NatWest. Every other bank gets it right, but not NatWest.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure