NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• Gizmo70
    Gizmo70 Posts: 138 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My switch from a Nationwide FlexDirect was due to complete on 9th March but when I checked it hadn't, so I phoned the NatWest switch team today.
    The person I spoke to initially claimed I'd not asked for a full switch, which I rejected so he did some checking and then said it was possibly because my source account was linked to a mortgage. Again I rejected that claim too, he then put me on hold for a short time and came back to say it was down to a system failure and I'd have restart the switch process.
    I asked wouldn't that stop me receiving the £125 switch incentive, to which he said he would put a note on the system explaining the situation.
    We'll see what happens over the next month...*fingers crossed*
    Save £12k in 2023 #17: £19,085/£24,000 (79%)
    Save £12k in 2022 #5: £18,007/£18,000 (100%)
    Save £12k in 2021 #17: £18,012/£18,000 (100%)
    Save £12k in 2020 #25: £15,522/£15,000 (103%)
    Save £12k in 2019 #112: £10,963/£10,500 (104%)
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    Gizmo70 wrote: »
    My switch from a Nationwide FlexDirect was due to complete on 9th March but when I checked it hadn't, so I phoned the NatWest switch team today.
    The person I spoke to initially claimed I'd not asked for a full switch, which I rejected so he did some checking and then said it was possibly because my source account was linked to a mortgage. Again I rejected that claim too, he then put me on hold for a short time and came back to say it was down to a system failure and I'd have restart the switch process.
    I asked wouldn't that stop me receiving the £125 switch incentive, to which he said he would put a note on the system explaining the situation.
    We'll see what happens over the next month...*fingers crossed*

I would insist on compensation.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    alternate wrote: »
    I would be amazed if marketing depts don't scour every forum they can - it is all free data on what people are saying about their brand.

That said, they don't need to read the forums to find out how much an offer is or isn't being abused. They have much better internal hard data on how many people switch and stick vs those that cut and run.

From the number of banks who have joined in with switch offers - and those they keep increasing the bribe - I would bet the banks are more than happy with the retention they are seeing.

I don't have any inside knowledge of how the banks' marketing strategists work. However I think it would be an unwise move for them to place too much reliance on forums such as this one because posters on here are probably not very representative of the potential customer base at large. On the other hand, I did once make a comment about an inordinate delay in one of the small building societies with which I have a regular saver account posting online deposits to the account. I received a reply on the forum very quickly from a customer service representative of the society concerned explaining that there was a glitsch in their system which they were aware about and were rectifying. Impressive response, I felt.
  • bluehydrangeas
    Options
    Has anyone received their switching bonus yet? I completed the switch over a month ago now and haven't received anything. I also met the deposit requirements.
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Has anyone received their switching bonus yet? I completed the switch over a month ago now and haven't received anything. I also met the deposit requirements.

See post 1266.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options

I got mine many weeks ago.
  • trickydicky14
    Options
    How long have you waited for a card reader?
    I ordered one online 7 working days ago and nothing as yet.
    I do know I can download an app and take money out in small amounts but I would sooner have a card reader.
    Thanks for any input.
    I choose the rooms that I live in with care,
    The windows are small and the walls almost bare,
    There's only one bed and there's only one prayer;
    I listen all night for your step on the stair.
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Mchambers wrote: »
    I would insist on compensation.
    What should they be compensated for given they may well still get the bonus?
  • MDMD
    MDMD Posts: 1,432 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    How long have you waited for a card reader?
    I ordered one online 7 working days ago and nothing as yet.
    I do know I can download an app and take money out in small amounts but I would sooner have a card reader.
    Thanks for any input.

Do you have a card reader from one of the other banks (I have RBS, Co-op, Nationwide but I think Barclays use them also).
  • trickydicky14
    Options
    Hi MDMD,
    Yes I do have other card readers and I did read somewhere you can use them with other banks, my concern is Natwest appear to require you to ‘activate’ your new card reader which others I have do not ask you to do. Would this be an issue?
    I choose the rooms that I live in with care,
    The windows are small and the walls almost bare,
    There's only one bed and there's only one prayer;
    I listen all night for your step on the stair.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure