IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Apologies for yet another new thread

Options
1235»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,241 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You got it! The 28 days does not run from the 'issue date'.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • bergkamp
    bergkamp Posts: 356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Anjistar wrote: »
    So if the POFA says (under 4. 'Right to claim unpaid parking charges from keeper of vehicle"):
    (4) The right under this paragraph may only be exercised after the end of the period of 28 days beginning with the day on which the notice to keeper is given.

And the NTK says "Failure to make payment within 28 days of the Issue Date of this Notice will result in the full charge being applied...(etc, etc)"

Does that mean it's not compliant?

Yes.... :dance:
  • bergkamp
    bergkamp Posts: 356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    But it has to be spelled out....
  • whiskeytoothpaste
    Options
    Great news. :)

In addition, what potential bearing would an incorrect location have if it was on an ntk and potentially poc?
    Chin up.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options

In addition, what potential bearing would an incorrect location have if it was on an ntk and potentially poc?

I’ve gone back right through this thread and can’t find anything relating to ‘an incorrect location’. Have I missed something? Can you point to it so that we can help the OP?

Or have you jumped in with your own agenda, when we asked that this thread remain the exclusive domain of Anjistar, who has already said (effectively) that the thread was running away from him/her because of others with separate agendas of their own! :mad:
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

You really need to post this sort of thing on your own thread, not hijack someone else's thread. All posts here must be to do with the OP's case otherwise it gets very confusing as to whose questions are being answered.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Anjistar
    Anjistar Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 January 2018 at 9:46PM
    Options
    Hello,

I have an update.

I sent the template off, and I have had a fierce reply saying they reject the whole thing and the owner is still liable and has to either pay up or appeal to the IAS.

I'm not sure what to do next.

There is one strange thing in the letter. It says:

"We are registered with the ICO for the processing of data which relates to the enforcement and recovery of parking
    charges and in respect to you this related to the matter of a Charge Notice (CN), Ref VCSxxxxxx which was issued
    to a vehicle registration XXXX XXX on the date in question."

However, on the front of the yellow ticket that was left on the windscreen of the car it states very clearly " This is not a parking charge notice".

On the back it says " As a result a Parking Charge Notice may be issued to the Registered Keeper through the post".

Neither of these statements concur with the quote above, taken from the letter that was just received.

Thank you.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,032 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 24 January 2018 at 9:17PM
    Options
    That's an interesting situation, but in the meantime you would be well advised to remove that PCN number from your post.

You told us a Parking Charge Notice was issued to the Registered Keeper through the post arriving on 02 January.
  • Anjistar
    edited 24 January 2018 at 9:50PM
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    That's an interesting situation, but in the meantime you would be well advised to remove that PCN number from your post.

You told us a Parking Charge Notice was issued to the Registered Keeper through the post arriving on 02 January.

Yes, it was. But it was issued (date on the PCN/NTK) on the 21st December, not 'on the date in question', which is presumably the date of the so-called 'offence', and didn't arrive until the 2nd January.

Number removed, thank you!
  • Anjistar
    Options
    It is with great regret that I have to confess that I have caved in and paid up. They obviously offered a second chance at the lower amount, and I didn't have the courage to pursue the matter further and risk having to pay more. More information has come to light and I was not at all sure of my ground.

I believe that originally the driver relied on old Google street view data which showed minimal damaged signage, which has since been updated, and then failed to check when actually parking, it being late, dark and snowing. The car was actually there for four and a half days before being ticketed. Although the road was not obviously labelled as Private at the entrance, to be truthful, the signs were plentiful, well lit and legible. Had it been better weather, they would probably not have been missed.

Please may I thank all of you who took the time to respond to me and I apologise for not standing up to the big bad wolf!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport