IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Apologies for yet another new thread

Options

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    the golden rule is to use the black text appeal with IPC members , then IGNORE everything else EXCEPT a formal LBC sent using the new PaP rules from oct 2017 , or an MCOL from the CCBC in Northampton , within 6 years

nothing else is viable and as keeper you owe nothing if they failed to use the law called POFA2012 to make the keeper liable, so it is pojntless a keeper engaging with them apart from using the template , once and once only

if they knew who was driving they would pursue that person and POFA2012 would not be of any use
  • Anjistar
    Anjistar Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 January 2018 at 6:12PM
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    As the NtK arrived after 14 days after the incident, there is no keeper liability.

This means that as long as the driver isn't identified, the PPC will have great trouble getting any money from anyone.

Would you clarify, is it 14 days after the incident or after the issue of the PCN/NTK? And is that working days only?
  • Redx
    Options
    is the NTK dated and if so is it 12 days or less after the date of the incident ?

looking at post #1 it seems to be dated 7 days after the incident

a shame the envelope is not postmarked with the date

its your word against theirs
  • Anjistar
    Options
    It's dated 6 days after the incident but didn't arrive until 15 days later, 21 days after the alleged offence.
  • Redx
    edited 13 January 2018 at 8:08PM
    Options
    POFA2012 schedule 4 tells you the timeline for an NTK to arrive with the recipient , and that is by day 15 where the date of the incident is day zero , so it seems to have been delayed in the xmas post, unfortunately you cannot prove this and the letter is presumed delivered (in law) 2 days later

so if they can prove it was posted on dec 21st or thereabouts , then they could easily convince a judge they complied with POFA2012 by ensuring it was posted in good time and is PRESUMED delivered 2 days later according to the legal rules (Unless proven otherwise), despite the bank holidays

nothing you can say or do will change all this , so stop pushing against the tide

appeal once with the template and then ignore unless you get an LBC or an MCOL in the post , within 6 years

the debt collection letter stage follows the initial appeal, this is an impasse where neither side gives an inch - debt letters can be ignored, they are powerless
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Presumed delivered

Unless proven otherwise.

Prove oTherwise. A witness statement signed under penalty of perjury would be proof.
  • Anjistar
    Options
    Well, I took my courage in both hands and sent the IPC appeal form.

Will post back if anything transpires.

Thanks so much for all the help so far, much appreciated.
  • Redx
    Options
    dont get your hopes up , its likely to be a refusal and may ask for the drivers details and may offer the IAS for adr

you are now on the end of their hook and wriggling like the bait, they wont reel you in just yet and may leave you to thrash about and tire you out for the next 72 months , with threats of armageddon and the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse, plus the empty threat of a CCJ ruining your credit rating

KEEP ALL PAPERWORK and take pictures of signage etc asap , start to gather and keep your evidence as if preparing for a court case (MCOL)
  • Anjistar
    Options
    I have 24 photos of the area around where the car was parked, and all the correspondence so far. I am keeping a diary of all actions and dates so it's easy to remember when I did what.
    Many thanks. I shall try not to wriggle too much - don't want them getting too much enjoyment out of this....
  • whiskeytoothpaste
    Options
    My understanding of pofa is that if a windscreen notice is issued then the ntk should be posted on day 29...
    Only anpr cases can ntk be sent within 14 days.
    Does this mean that vcs have met pofa requirements?
    Chin up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport