IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ECP Country Park

Options
124»

Comments

• Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,205 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    According to Kent County Council, they own Lullingstone Country Park and the visitor centre; (see refs 78170100 & 78170200 on the excel spreadsheet);-
    https://www.kent.gov.uk/business/property/property-owned-by-kent-county-council
  • shaleman
    shaleman Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your replies, I will keep on the case.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    shaleman wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies, I will keep on the case.

Nothing to lose, lots to gain. :D
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Edna_Basher
    Edna_Basher Posts: 782 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 March 2018 at 8:26PM
    Options
    Euro Car Parks have been very economical with the truth in their reply to the DVLA.

The contract for the management of the car parks at Kent County Council's eight Country Parks (including Lullingstone) had a start date of 22nd April 2013 with the Client named as:

Kent Country Parks
    Kent County Council
    Invicta House
    County Hall
    Maidstone
    Kent
    ME14 1XX

The contract was signed on 22nd April 2013 by a person with the initials AD (full name not given here to keep the MSE Forum Police happy) "on behalf of Kent County Council".

Our copy of the contract came from an ECP evidence pack relating to Brockhill Country Park (another one of KCC's Country Parks). This included the statement "Brockhill Country Park is owned and managed by Kent County Council and is one of 8 country parks in the KCC portfolio....."

Either the DVLA couldn't care less about safeguarding keepers' data or they have been extremely gullible in believing ECP.
  • shaleman
    Options
    The contract which they submitted in their evidence pack names Kent Country Parks as the Client and was signed off by AD in June 2015 (The contract was for Brockhill Country Park, not Lullingstone). It does not include any reference to Kent County Council. However, the signage in the car park clearly does.

I agree with your conclusions about ECP, and I am not satisfied that the DVLA are properly safeguarding my keepers' data.

Thank you again for your comments
  • shaleman
    Options
    I emailed Kent County Council as follows:-

Dear Sir/Madam

Euro Car Parks are incorrectly issuing parking charge notices on Council owned car parks (Country Parks). Council owned car parks are not Relevant Land and therefore Euro Car Parks have no right to obtain details of Vehicle Registered Keepers from DVLA under Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 ("POFA")

As Kent County Council must be aware of the requirements of POFA 2012, they are effectively condoning the unlawful practices of Euro Car Parks which are being used in Council owned Car Parks.

I would be grateful for your comments

The reply from Kent County Council

"Many thanks for your enquiry, I can confirm that whilst Kent County Council owns the land in the Kent Country the site is not covered by any off street parking orders as would be required for a council to enforce under the road traffic act and therefore does not fall under relevant land".

Kent Country Parks Operations Manager
    https://www.kent.gov.uk/kentcountryparks

There is no comment on the actions of ECP by Kent County Council.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    ''...and therefore does not fall under relevant land".
    No laughing at the back! :D
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure