osps - over the phone vs online

Options
mak_attack
mak_attack Posts: 138 Forumite
hi,

i wanted to place an online order as you get to use quidco and £10 online purchase discount.

i wanted to query a few things with osps and the lady on the phone said it takes longer to get a phone via online ordering than over the phone.

i.e she said if i ordered today i get the phone next tues whilst the net order could be next friday or even the following monday.

do i smell bs?

what have others experienced. i suppose i can wait if i am getting a saving.

thanks,

Comments

• ArsenalFC
    ArsenalFC Posts: 1,095 Forumite
    Options
    I was told there is a 10 day delay for online orders as they are moving into another IT system, intergrating with CPW, that was the reason £10 was offered. Do not know whether they are telling the truth.

I ordered over the phone anyway as I needed to complete porting my number to the new contract by end of this month. Remember if you are ordering over the phone to cancel the 3months free insurance, this wasn't mentioned to me by the sales advisor. Now I have to cancel it with the insurance company and my direct debit just in case they try a fast one.
  • fatboyonadiet
    fatboyonadiet Posts: 5,397 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know someone who ordered online and filled in the number porting section - it was never done and they were stuck with a phone on a new number
    2p off is still 2p off!
  • cheghead
    cheghead Posts: 849 Forumite
    Options
    Dont Buy From OSPS!!!
  • PinkPig
    PinkPig Posts: 257 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cheghead wrote:
    Dont Buy From OSPS!!!

Except that their deal on the K750i is too good to miss - works out very cheap indeed. As long as they do pay cashback eventually, that is......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure