PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• cbsexec
    cbsexec Posts: 578 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Im in Wales. I do sometimes have a bargain when our local hospice shop reduces stuff to £1 but lots of the other stuff is priced very high. I have just got a lovely cardigan on that rail. I am envious of others' bargains tho.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Himself has just lugged back an IKEA rug. New, £39, ours for £15 and currently on the front path being hoovered & washed, looking distinctly exotic on the the grey flags. Valby Ruta, I think and very charming in person whereas a bit busy on screen....
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,258 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    DfV very nice!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Most recent..

Windsmoor BNWT chocolate linen trousers 12.50
    Murano glass heart pendant, brand new in box with certificate of authenticity 14.99
    Coach almost new leather backpack with registration card £75 (used compensation from bank)
    Prada black wool trousers almost new £16
    Ermenegildo Zegna lilac cotton shirt for Mr Stepford almost new 11.99
    I think these are expensive for chazzer-fodder.

Today I saw a couple of Windsmoor blouses for £2 each, which I didn't buy because they were fuddy-duddy in style and synthetic. I did succumb to a Phase Eight blouse for £2 - although can confidently predict that I'll never wear it (I fully expect it to go AWOL from my wardrobe the next time my sister comes to visit).
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Laredouter
    Laredouter Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    Some charity shops definitely overcharge. A lot of people I have spoken to told me to go to shops in seaside towns, yet when I went to Southwold, the prices there terrified me. However, if I really like an item, and it would have been expensive brand new, I will buy it if it is 10% or under of RRP (only if in very good condition of course).

I haven't really been into the charity shops recently. I have made a couple of excellent eBay purchases in the past week but I doubt I will buy anything until my next pay day. I will enjoy reading about all of your bargains though!!
  • Lucy5781
    Lucy5781 Posts: 745 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    BHF Stevenage, three tops (New Look, Dorothy Perkins) and a pair of denim shorts, an unworn M&S swimsuit, as well as a potty training book DS found himself, (mainly due to the push button bit on it that cheers!!) For £15 .

Really like the tops and the shorts are a great fit. Feel like I've been living in holiday clothes, out of a suitcase for nearly a fortnight now.
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,258 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Laredouter some seaside areas are more affluent than others - I would suggest maybe Southwold, Whitstable, Rock, Salcombe & maybe Poole have the higher prices...
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Bigjenny
    Bigjenny Posts: 601 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Laredouter Southwold is very upmarket with lots of holiday homes and very expensive.
    "When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us" Alexander Graham Bell
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Clarissa and the Countryman (Hardcover, no dj) and Big Bang: The Most Important Scientific Discovery of All Time and Why You Need to Know About It (Hardcover).

25p each. CHSS

That's my weekend reading sorted.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I did succumb to a Phase Eight blouse for £2 - although can confidently predict that I'll never wear it (I fully expect it to go AWOL from my wardrobe the next time my sister comes to visit).
    Gone already, that took less than 24 hours :o
    25p each. CHSS
    Outside of Edinburgh, Scottish chazzers are very reasonably priced :beer:
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure