I'll remove any duplicate in this thread from now on

And that code by silver fairy in the code thread

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=75185505&postcount=2062
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I'd much prefer to see the codes in this thread too pls. This is one of the few threads that I follow and contribute to on MSE :)
  • vandanfc
    vandanfc Posts: 2,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Browntoa wrote: »
    It's pointless duplication if you are posting in both threads

I'll remove any duplicate in this thread from now on

And that code by silver fairy in the code thread

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=75185505&postcount=2062

It may seem pointless to you, but not everyone subscribes to both threads. If you remove the code posts from this thread, you are MAKING people sign up to the other thread. I don't feel that that is fair.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Because I'm a board guide

It's our remit to manage the threads and remove pointless duplication.

If it was a single thread I'd leave it but seeing there is a codes thread already then there's no need to post in 2 threads.

It's not "your neck of the Woods" it's Martin Lewis forum.

I'm not replying further.
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Boodedoo
    Boodedoo Posts: 474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    MollyR wrote: »
    I've never heard of Board Guides before (I only subscribe to three or four threads) - but is there one for this section? And, if so, would it be appropriate to lay the problem before her/him?

Personally, I really cannot see why posts which are made with the intention of being helpful to others, and which are deemed helpful by many others, and which don't cause annoyance to anybody, should be deleted! This always seems to me to be a helpful and friendly forum, and this intervention leaves a very sour taste.

Looking at the Boost Your Income board, which this thread comes under, if you scroll to the bottom it says there are 2 board guides : soolin and Browntoa.

I looked at the forum rules and faqs, (maybe I should have done that when I joined!, but be polite and stick to the topic seems to have been acceptable everywhere else on the web so I just carried on as normal.)

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-faqs/
    explains the roles of both Board Guides and the Forum Team.
    One of the things that falls within the remit of a Board Guide is to merge duplicate threads which, at a push would encompass the current hoo-hah.
    Though I'd imagine (but am just guessing) that this is actually intended to restrict people from multiposting the same query rather than what I understand the intention of the separate thread for Codes to be - i.e. so that posters can get email notifications of 'just' codes once a day and avoid, if they wish, the more general hints and chat on this board.

My own opinion on the matter is that the two threads have been running well and pleasantly for a long while, each serving a purpose and staying within topic with just codes in one and hints and tips (including codes) which are helpful to both long standing and very new posters and that the current confrontation is out of all proportion to say the least.

Its the forum team who have the final say, as I can see that they have been informed I am sure they will review the thread and make a decision.

It would be nice if we could leave it to them and just get on with things as normal, it can't be nice for anyone new to join in at the mo - which is not they way this thread or forum usually works.
  • To do list bonuses today are 4 and 12 sb :)
  • MollyR
    MollyR Posts: 2,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    On another subject altogether - the 70SB surveys are working again, somebody has fixed the "0 to 1 characters" fault on the postcode field.
  • John1963
    John1963 Posts: 455 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 15 December 2018 at 12:29PM
    For those that use Figure Eight through Swagbucks or direct (Figure Eight Elite is best), there are some really quick valuable tasks up at the moment. Each task pays up to $1.50 and takes about 3 minutes to complete. I've had $20 over 2 days. The task below is at the top of the list, when sorted in value order:

Extremely High Pay + 10X Bonus ] How Would You Control A Confere...

This one pays $1.50, there are 8 up now, paying a total of $11 - a really good hourly rate! All you have to do with each is respond to five scenarios setting out what you would say to a Virtual Assistant - "Turn on the lights"for example.
  • MollyR wrote: »
    On another subject altogether - the 70SB surveys are working again, somebody has fixed the "0 to 1 characters" fault on the postcode field.
    Thanks for the headsup, working for me too again now :beer:
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,889 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Gold Survey PMR181-9974502 - Complete +25 SB states 5 mins, probably only took 2 (about surplus retailer stock)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure