Travelling On

Options

Comments

• shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The thing that scared the !!!! out of me was watching a video about scarifying where the guy cut the grass, scarified, raked up and then said "right, we're going to do that all again" before getting started on round 2. I think it's a war, not a battle :eek:

My solution was simple. Dig it all up and put artificial down. All tools promptly dispatched to the tip and i've never looked back. Just give it a hoover twice a year, job done!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Ah yes, Jimmy but that's a plastic lawn.... never an option for me... all those bits of plastic/microplastic washing down into the soil system and then the water :eek:
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Options
    Trust you to spoil it with a guilt trip ;)

I'll swap the plastic for the chemicals of the weeds killer :p
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ooh, lots of visitors! Hello everyone :hello: :j

Okay, jumping into the latest topic du jour ... sorry Jimmy, I agree with madvix, can't put down all that plastic in the garden. I have grass (not a lawn, no way :o) and I also have a lot of moss. As peeps have said, its very soft to walk on. But I don't know why its so bad for our gardens? Is it just a hangover from when people were supposed to have lawns? And had servants? I genuinely don't understand. Or maybe, thinking about it, it kills the soil and harms worms etc? Can't believe that, but maybe ... does anyone know? I've googled it before, and only found links to mosskilling chemicals.

madvix - not spam! I've been scanning away, latest lot of pix are very jumbled up, straight from a Ruby Wedding in 1963 to a restaurant meal in 2007 ... I have a system, though, it won't beat me :rotfl:

I'm going to find a stopping point Real Soon Now and, you know it, go out into the garden :D mostly to do a little incinerator fire. Partly to chop up other stuff for the bin (rhodies and cherry laurel, which gives off cyanide, dontcha know, when you burn it!).

Got to have a quick scoot around here, of course :beer:
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,404 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Have a good day :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Thanks beanie :)

Hmm, I didn't get out to the garden before the heavens opened ... drat! Bringing forward the indoor jobs instead, which are quite boring, unfortunately, hey ho, needs must.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,404 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    No rain here but none too warm :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Raining & sunning at the same time here in the big smoke!

Weird weather!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,467 Forumite
    Options
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    Raining & sunning at the same time here in the big smoke!

Weird weather!

We had a bit of that. I'm at the top of a grand old building - raining on the skylight - but sunshine out of the windows!
  • Karmacat
    Options
    I've got *amazing* weather right now! Dark storm clouds and rain falling to the ground in bright sunlight, and in the distance a double rainbow

:j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport