Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Evening all
    My current consultant is very nice- she’s human and not an SW ‘bot’ She happily admitted to group she had gained over Christmas- and she’s not overpowering in support- she’s there if you need her but not constantly checking up on you. My last consultant was lovely as well but I just could never for some reason feel comfortable in her group and that’s why I eventually left.
    My first consultant was a nightmare. Utterly brainwashed to the point of being inappropriate. I’ve often told the story of how after having emergency surgery she told me she expected to see me in Group the day after and when I put my foot down and told her no she said oh I’m worried you’ll gain! She told me to ignore what my GP said about me not doing SP (oh your GP doesn’t have the knowledge about it I do, I’m your consultant and I’m telling you you can do it to which I said you aren’t medically qualified and I refuse to allow you to overrule my GP) after I left Group she would harangue me constantly to come back, I’m still friends with her on FB and I saw one post about she was in tears as someone hadn’t come to Group and hadn’t let her know and she ‘was so worried they would gain’ (it turned out this person had had a relative taken seriously ill) One man who was going to America on business was asked when his flight got in and when he said 7am on a Saturday morning he was told he should go straight to the local Saturday morning Group as weighing in should be priority over anything else (he politely but firmly put her in her place there!) If anyone happened to mention they were going on holiday in the UK they were told they must attend the local group and if they didn’t they were asked why when they got back; oh and if someone was going abroad they were told ‘don’t forget, stick to salads with no dressing and Diet Coke’ I still don’t know how I managed to get to target in her group.
    Anyway...!!! Apologies for that little rant there. Thanks for the kind words re the bikini. An abdominal cut hysterectomy has left me with a ‘double belly’ which is why I’m wary. I quite like my boobs- I’m a D cup so just about right. Funnily enough when I was bigger I was a B cup so the fat must have gone to my boobs :rotfl:
    Today’s food:
    B: HEXB HiFi x 2, 2 Sweetclems, decaf coffee with s/s milk (1.5)
    L: McDonalds grilled chicken and bacon salad (1.5) water
    T: SW veg lasagne (I really enjoyed this!) broccoli, tenderstem broccoli, carrots, baby corn, salad onions. Mint Vienetta (6.5 syns) squirty cream (1.5 syns) strawberries, Sainsbury’s NAS tropical crush
    S: Crisps (6.5) Alpro choc soya drink (1.5)
    Night all xx
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,605 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 January 2018 at 11:47PM
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Sorry Greeentiger that The Pars beat you :(

I really really need to get back on track.
    Met a friend today & got piriferoles reduced to 30p in M & S.
    I love a bargain :)

Expecting a gain tomorrow & then time to draw a line & get on with it.
    Same here beanie but I don't need to go to WI. I'm going to try to stay on plan for a couple of weeks and then hope to be back in target or at least close.

That was a good (if synful) bargain in M&S. Could you not go to Aldi or Lidl when you're out and about doing other things?

MrsR , would one of those vintage style bikinis with the higher line bottoms suit you?
    I'm another that has improved my bust with SW. I started at 36B and was a 38D at my fattest but went down to 34 at target and kept the D cup!:D
    ETA: Getting measured for a properly fitted bra makes a huge difference too.
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That’s a great result, Mrs_R.

What you naturally produce saliva?
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

We’ve been having power cuts all day. Some 5 mins, others shorter (!), several longer. When the electricity is back on you leave the candles on in case it goes off again. Then, of course, when you do put them out, the power’s off 5 mins later. It switches off our air source heat pump too and it needs to be reprogrammed before it will start again; blooming pest! But I did manage to get the dinner made.

Hello, CattyCatX. Welcome to our merry band.

Oh, kathrynha, I’m sure Wotsits aren’t that bad.

My consultants are lovely.... aka YOU LOT!
    I agree, Sunshine. I have the same ones.

Jay, I find £300 a tight target for us (2 & a cat that has a thyroid problem that means she’s always hungry and struggles to maintain weight, so has 3 meals and 3 or 4 snacks a day!) as well.

A better day today.

Breakfast: hexb BLT (1 for mayo)
    Lunch: hm lentil soup, an orange
    Snack: shortbread finger (5)
    Dinner: SW wedges, pork steak, red cabbage (?), mixed veg
    Snack: hexa cheese & grapes

The red cabbage can’t be that bad; I used lo cal sweetener when I made it.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • greentiger
    Options
    Now, as I said earlier in the week, I’m trying to anticipate any ‘bombs’ that might throw me off track. I’m going out for lunch on Friday. Here’s the menu. I was thinking of choosing the bacon steak and pineapple and asking for potatoes instead of chips. Is there a better option? Thanks in anticipation of your advice. it's too cold for salad!

• BREADED OR BATTERED HADDOCK SERVED WITH CHIPS, TARTAR SAUCE AND GARDEN PEAS OR SIDE SALAD
    • CHICKEN & HAM PIE WITH HONEY ROAST VEGETABLES AND CHOICE OF CHIPS, MASH OR BOILED POTATOES
    • 8OZ HAND CUT BACON STEAK WITH FRIED EGG OR PINEAPPLE, SERVED WITH CHIPS AND DRESSED LEAVES
    • SPICY BEEF CHILLI WITH BRAISED RICE, SOUR CREAM AND TORTILLA CHIPS
    • BEEF BOURGUIGNON SERVED WITH CREAMED POTATOES AND HONEY ROAST VEGETABLES
    • ROAST BREAST OF CHICKEN SERVED WITH HAGGIS BON BONS, CREAMED POTATOES, HONEY ROAST VEGETABLES AND COATED IN A CREAMY PEPPERCORN SAUCE
    • PAN ROASTED FILLET OF SEA BASS SERVED ON A ROAST RED PEPPER SALAD WITH SALSA VERDI, LEMON DRESSING AND BABY ROAST POTATOES
    • HOMEMADE CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA SERVED WITH BRAISED RICE, NAAN BREAD AND MANGO CHUTNEY
    • CREAMY MACARONI CHEESE SERVED WITH SIDE SALAD AND CHIPS
    • TIGER PRAWN, LEMON AND DILL RISOTTO
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,381 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Coming with you greentiger :grin:
    Bacon steak for me.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,605 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Coming with you greentiger :grin:
    Bacon steak for me.

I'll come too! I'd love to meet you both! :D
    I agree it's the best option. You could have the egg too, probably not much oil.

I make the Delia red cabbage recipe, substituting sweetener for sugar. Although it has that and cooked apples, I count it as free because I get so many portions from one pot.
  • greentiger
    Options
    Thanks, beanie and maman. I'd love to see you there.
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    greentiger wrote: »
    Oh, kathrynha, I’m sure Wotsits aren’t that bad.

Depends on the quantity of wotsits :o

And I agree that bacon steak is your best option on that menu as long as you like it.

Mrs Ryan, your first consultant sounds like an absolute nightmare.

Had an iffy one for one week when my regular one was on holiday. She knew I wasn't well, as I was talking to the rest of the social team before group about not having control over food in hospital, and she was in the conversation. Then in the circle at image therapy she was really pushing me to say an amount I wanted to lose that week, despite me saying I just wanted to try and stick to plan as much as normal.
    If I had a consultant like that every week, no way would I be able to keep going.
    Zebras rock
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Another day of low blood pressure today, but working from home, so more control over what I eat.
    Need some low/no syn, long shelf life, little prep, high salt foods in my locker at work so that I have more control over what I eat to deal with it. Thinking Naked Noodles. I know they are now syned, but I wouldn't have them often. If anyone has any other suggestions, please suggest.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - egg, bacon (technically not allowed but it's salty) and asparagus
    Lunch - steak (yes iron is low too) and salad
    Dinner - beef stew

HA - milk
    HB - probably will use some to thicken stew
    Syns - probably some salad dressing
    Zebras rock
  • Lioness_Twinkletoes
    Options
    Morning all

Raining so not sure if I am riding to work or taking the bus. Plan for today:

B - Overnight oats
    L - LO salmon and roasted veg
    D - Caribbean pepperpot stew (with chicken) and plain rice
    S - Banana, apple, pear and grapes.

HEA - Milk
    HEB - Oats

Have a good day everyone
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing