IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Uk cpm

Options

Comments

• luke123456
    Options
    Just of curiosity how long do they have to issue a NTK as it hasn't arrived yet and its over by nearly a week now
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Well youre appealing around day 26 and are hoping they wont send a NtK anyway...

If a windscreen ticket was placed on the vehicle they cannot access the DVLA before day 28.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    luke123456 wrote: »
    Just of curiosity how long do they have to issue a NTK as it hasn't arrived yet and its over by nearly a week now
    Just check the Newbies faq thread for answers to most things!!
  • luke123456
    Options
    Hi

NTK has been received, I will send the template appeal to IPC members - as in the newbies thread.
    UKCPM have no email- so I will post this and keep a proof of postage

a) do you think it is worth sending a appeal which states- I have right to park in this bay and the permit had slipped down the dashboard and was an accident etc and please see attached a copy of the permit (I will enclose a copy) or would you say to send the standard appeal and thats it?

b) On the back of the NTK - it states that the appeal if rejected- they will let you write to IAS (similar to POPLA?) I haven't dealt with IAS before, so just wondering what they are like?

thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Google 'IAS kangaroo court'. Read it and weep.

No chance, so you can write whatever you want. Template or your version, or a mix, it WILL be rejected and the elderly relative WILL be spooked, won't they?
    I was just saying they should probably pay it if UK CPM are so notorious for going to court....
    No, but the elderly relative needs to know this will happen.

If it were me, I would give YOUR address for service instead, obviously appealing in the name of the elderly relative but telling UKCPM only to reply to xxxxxxxxxxxxx address from now on, as that is the appellant's address for service, where they can be reached.

then you get all the letters and won't be spooked into paying, and will see the claim, make sure it's acted upon properly this year, defended well, etc.

Is the elderly relative disabled in any way (and I DO NOT mean 'do they have a Blue Badge'?). I mean do they have any condition, frailty, etc., that might have caused them to have knocked the permit - assuming it fell right off and on the car floor or seat?

Or do you mean it merely slipped forward and the PPC took photos from a deliberate angle?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi

NTK has been received, I will send the template appeal to IPC members - as in the newbies thread.
    UKCPM have no email- so I will post this and keep a proof of postage

a) do you think it is worth sending a appeal which states- I have right to park in this bay and the permit had slipped down the dashboard and was an accident etc and please see attached a copy of the permit (I will enclose a copy) or would you say to send the standard appeal and thats it?

b) On the back of the NTK - it states that the appeal if rejected- they will let you write to IAS (similar to POPLA?) I haven't dealt with IAS before, so just wondering what they are like?

thanks

As long as you understand that you are now involved
    in the scam set up by Gladstones Solicitors
    Gladstones set up the IPC/IAS and duly recruited parking
    companies who became part of the scammers club.

There is not much point in spending too much time trying to
    explain to UKCPM as they are pretty much brain dead
    Simply deny the debt and enclose a copy of the permit.

UKCPM will of course reject it out of hand, this is
    what IPC scammers do and they know that any appeal
    to the IAS will be rejected as the IAS is a scam
    kangaroo court
    BIGGEST SCAM CURRENTLY IN THE UK

So, not trying to stop you, you may get lucky but
    do keep us up to speed what happens next
  • luke123456
    Options
    Certainly sounds like organised crime-
    They set up their own PPC, get their mate to set up an 'independent appeal body' such as IAS and then get their other mate to act as solicitors!

This is the way I have understood it anyway!

I will send in the standard reply to the NTK and enclose a copy of the permit and just see.

I'll keep you posted
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Certainly sounds like organised crime-
    They set up their own PPC, get their mate to set up an 'independent appeal body' such as IAS and then get their other mate to act as solicitors!

This is the way I have understood it anyway!
    Even worse, it was the same people behind the IPC and Gladstones, not just mates:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/all-change-at-gladstones-and-ipc.html

Perhaps you might consider, while your anger is still simmering and before you have to cope with the inevitable (but winnable) small claim, writing to your MP to tell them about this intimidation. This is a copy of a post by Bargepole:
    "Some action at last:

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2017-19/parkingcodeofpractice.html

This Private Member's Bill has Government and cross-party support, and stands a good chance of making it into statute.

The full text of the clauses will be published nearer the date of the second reading, but my sources tell me it's something we should support.

Now would be a good time to write to your MP urging them to support it."

and to Which?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5765579

and to your local Trading Standards...very important! (not Citizens Advice or a fob off Consumer 'helpline').
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • luke123456
    Options
    Thanks C-M

I have read the above, and written in to Which.

I will also write to my local MP and ask them to support that....
  • luke123456
    Options
    When writing to your local trading standards office- am I writing specifically about UKCPM as it asks about which trader- or is it about PPC's in general?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport