IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Uk cpm

Options

Comments

• luke123456
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.

I would like to clarify that this is quite an elderly family member that I am helping out. They use their car for little journeys and on this occasion had made a mistake with displaying the parking permit in a space they rent out.

I would appreciate being advised as if it was my own charge.
  • luke123456
    Options
    As Advised and as mentioned in the NEWBIES THREAD

I will wait for the NTK (the 28 days is coming up in a few days) and then I will respond with the template letter to IPC companies

Thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,768 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 1 January 2018 at 6:21PM
    Options
    So in short, if It's going to court then would you say I should just pay it?
    No, if I thought that I would have said it. I NEVER say that.

I do suggest protecting elderly relatives by giving YOUR address as if it's theirs, when appealing. That way you can honestly tell the elderly relative you are 'dealing with it' and they won't hear any more.

And you will see all the letters and no numpty relative (trying to 'help'!) will panic and pay.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • luke123456
    luke123456 Posts: 348 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks C-M!

I will wait for the NTK and then appeal with the the template letter to IPC companies as per the newbies thread and keep you posted.

1) I take it they don't care about seeing a copy of the permit and explaining that it was an accident etc that it wasn't displayed and that I should just use the template appeal and not deviate too much from that?

2) I will put my address, but does the name of the appellant have to be the elderly relative or can it be me and my address?

3) Also, at which point do UK CPM start to add a CCJ or anything like that, si it after court if it reaches that stage?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 1 January 2018 at 2:35PM
    Options
    Creditors have six years to start legal proceedings

If they do then the defendant would get a ccj either by ignoring the claim or by defending it but losing in court.

If the defendant ends up with a ccj then it will be removed from the records if it is paid in full within a month of getting it
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 1 January 2018 at 3:00PM
    Options
    1. While they’ll pay no regard to it, enclose a copy to show that you have the proof of entitlement to park.

2. The NtK will be in the registered keeper’s name - all appeals/correspondence must be in that name.

3. The amount of time you’ve had in dealing with private parking tickets and you don’t know this. Try doing some Google searches for some easy questions rather than expecting volunteers to be saving you the effort. Try this in Google ‘Who can issue a CCJ’.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • luke123456
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    3. The amount of time you’ve had in dealing with private parking tickets and you don’t know this. Try doing some Google searches for some easy questions rather than expecting volunteers to be saving you the effort. Try this in Google ‘Who can issue a CCJ’.

Thanks Umkomaas for this, but I don't aim to be lazy at all.

I have always appealed tickets that go to POPLA and given a POPLA code and always won't at POPLA and never gone further than this stage obviously. In this instance UKCPM don't issue POPLA codes and the issue about Court and CCJs has been raised.

Thank you for your help again
  • bergkamp
    bergkamp Posts: 356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
  • luke123456
    Options
    Thanks that has also helped.

I will await and see if NTK arrives

Thanks
  • Reue
    Reue Posts: 569 Forumite
    Options
    bergkamp wrote: »

A worrying amount in just 7 days! Suggests they will go well over 2000 this year..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure