IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

parking charge notice from park watch

I have received a parking charge notice from park watch for parking on Broughton shopping park, i was parked in an area with no double yellows and nothing to indicate I couldn't park there, l wasn't parked in a bay though but there was no spaces nearby , i went back today and on further inspection realised there were some really small signs which were difficult to read.
should I bother appealing this or just pay it? i do have photos but can't work out how to upload them
«13

Replies

  • edited 29 December 2017 at 12:23PM
    QuentinQuentin Forumite
    40.4K Posts
    edited 29 December 2017 at 12:23PM
    Read up the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum for advice on how to deal with this.


    The ppcs monitor here and you are advised never to reveal who was driving so edit your post to remove details of who was driving
  • I can't even work out how to delete. not very user friendly this site
  • edited 29 December 2017 at 12:23PM
    QuentinQuentin Forumite
    40.4K Posts
    edited 29 December 2017 at 12:23PM
    You use the edit button - from a laptop or pc.
  • kevi26 wrote: »
    I have received a parking charge notice from park watch for parking on Broughton shopping park, i was parked in an area with no double yellows and nothing to indicate I couldn't park there, l wasn't parked in a bay though but there was no spaces nearby , i went back today and on further inspection realised there were some really small signs which were difficult to read.
    should I bother appealing this or just pay it? i do have photos but can't work out how to upload them

    ah ok I'm on a smart phone that's y couldn't do it
  • kevi26 wrote: »
    ah ok I'm on a smart phone that's y couldn't do it

    You can do it on a smartphone but you may need to view the desktop version of the site to do it.

    But I wouldn't worry about editing the post due to Quentons unsubstantiated paranoia about the parking companies. I have asked many times but nobody has ever been able to show any source of them using posts from a forum as evidence in court successfully.

    I'm sure Quentin also thinks they have bugged his house so he has to talk in code about any parking matter :rotfl:
  • AdrianCAdrianC Forumite
    42.2K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    kevi26 wrote: »
    I have received a parking charge notice from park watch for parking on Broughton shopping park, i was parked in an area with no double yellows and nothing to indicate I couldn't park there, l wasn't parked in a bay though

    I don't know of a single car park anywhere that permits freestyle dumping of cars outside the marked bays...
    ...but there was no spaces nearby

    ...even if there aren't any spaces "nearby". If there's no spaces nearby, park further away. If there's no spaces at all, you can't park.
  • QuentinQuentin Forumite
    40.4K Posts
    takman wrote: »

    But I wouldn't worry about editing the post due to Quentons unsubstantiated paranoia about the parking companies. I have asked many times but nobody has ever been able to show any source of them using posts from a forum as evidence in court successfully.
    Ask Lamilad!!
  • Marvel1Marvel1 Forumite
    6.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    AdrianC wrote: »
    I don't know of a single car park anywhere that permits freestyle dumping of cars outside the marked bays...



    ...even if there aren't any spaces "nearby". If there's no spaces nearby, park further away. If there's no spaces at all, you can't park.

    Exactly, nothing worse than people parking anywhere they like, there is is no bay for a reason!!
  • takman wrote: »
    But I wouldn't worry about editing the post due to Quentons unsubstantiated paranoia about the parking companies. I have asked many times but nobody has ever been able to show any source of them using posts from a forum as evidence in court successfully.

    There was certainly a case I remember where a parking company raised in courts posts posted on PePiPoo as evidence of an admission as to who the driver was. Unfortunately for the parking company and fortunately for the defendant, reading the whole thread it was clear that this related to a different ticket and not the one subject to the court proceedings.

    I'm sure someone else will be able to provide the relevant links if you are really that interested.
  • LeeUKLeeUK Forumite
    7.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Just ignore it and deal with it should they send a CCJ claim pack. Most won't.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 in bonus points

MSE News

Ask an Expert: Scams

Watch MSE Katie's answers to your questions

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals