IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Ignoring Fake Invoice To Pay

Options
13»

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They aren't interested in any amount other than the full payment, so forget that as it may appear to a judge as an admission that you agree to this outrageous scam.

Go back to the NEWBIES and follow the advice in post 2 from bargepole concerning how to reply to a LBC, and everything that follows.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You dont ow e anything, so why would you offer any money?

Offer a "drop hands" - neitehr side gets anything, otherwise you will claim your full costs under CPR27.14(2)(g)
  • spacebicuit
    spacebicuit Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 4 April 2018 at 2:10PM
    Options
    Is this first letter received from the solicitor a LBC?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is this first letter received from the solicitor a LBC?
    Difficult to say. You're the only person that has seen it.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,784 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    i was laughing out loud at the signature which is "signed" gladrags solicitors in a printed hand written font.

Errmmm, that's normal for Solicitor firms. Have you never noticed that, when you've seen any Solicitor letter before, re conveyancing or whatever? They can just sign with the name of the firm.
    I was thinking of offering an amount of £20 which takes into consideration the incompetence the parking company has shown in handling my case.
    No point, forget that. See other LBC reply letters on here.

But if it asks for payment to a debt collector and/or does NOT enclose reply forms giving you 30 days to respond, then it's not a LBC.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • spacebicuit
    spacebicuit Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I've read back over the newbie thread, in particular the post re: replies to initial LBC. Wanting to stay one step ahead of the game I am preparing my first draft.

Should my reply outline my defence or should I keep this to under wraps for now? Also is it standard practise to request all photos and evidence. The example in the newbie thread asks for this information but I am not sure if that was specific to that case.

Just looking for some tips on what to include in the first reply. Thanks.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,359 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    If replying to a LBC you need to ensure that if the LBC is deficient in the context of the Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims (PaP), you strike back and demand everything to which you are entitled to receive.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/pdf/protocols/pre-action-protocol-for-debt-claims.pdf
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,784 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pick up tips from other current threads, like the one by zsxd23456

We regulars read/reply to every thread every day, I replied 90 times yesterday on current issues, loads of cases were like yours. There are shedloads of threads you could be reading, same as us!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure