IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Ignoring Fake Invoice To Pay

Options

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    you are mistaken

the logos have different shapes depending on their meaning and a PPC can be a corporate member of both, yet only subscribe to one of the 2 appeals services

in your case its an IPC accredited firm signed up to the IAS for appeals, the BPA logos are likely to be corporate logos and not relevant and they are not signed up to the popla service

from now on you ignore any paperwork UNLESS it is an LBC from the PPC or their solicitors like GLADRAGS ; or an MCOL from Northampton CCBC, so you wont be mentioning anything to anybody whilst it is at the impasse stage

less is more

keep your ammunition dry for any possible court case, mention whatever helps your defence at any future court case in your defence and in your witness statement

as you are not the driver, they have to prove POFA2012 compliance to win in court against a keeper

fail POFA2012 and they fail keeper liability, so as they dont know who was driving , it appears they will lose out , EVENTUALLY
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    LOne way to kill this is with a complaint to the landowner who took on the mysterious parking company.
    You are looking to either get a outright cancellation, or a letter/communication form the landowner/whoever took on the parking company saying they do not support/want this matter pursued through the courts and/or any further.
    An outright cancellation will do exactly as it says on the tin, a confirmation that the landowner ( principal) does not want this being pursued will effectively pull the rug form under the parking company
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • spacebicuit
    Options
    Thanks guys - will take the advice and hold tight.

Regarding appealing to the land owner, why would they agree to cancel the charge since are they not in on this game and making profit out of the operation. If not how can I find out the land owners in question.

What are the opinions on asking for a fee to release the driver information. This is so tempting but would it count against me in a court?
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Google would be an obvious start
    The landowner May cancel because they care about people returning to the site.

No way a fee would work. Would be looked upon dimly.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The first link in the NEWBIES thread is a link to successful complaints to landowners over the years. Works a treat.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • spacebicuit
    Options
    In my case the land is a private housing estate which has a Tesco Express on it. The driver has a receipt prooving purchase. I am guessing Tesco only lease the retail space so would they have any sway, is it worth a shot?
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's always worth asking. Contact the shop manager not customer services, an include a copy of your receipt. If you are a regular customer you should say that this has put you off ever going there again.
    It may make no difference, but there is no chance of it being cancelled if you don't ask.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 4 January 2018 at 11:40AM
    Options
    If the Tesco has a web page, you can always write bad stuff on it. or

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/man-wearing-a-sandwich-board-picture-id80488902?s=612x612
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • spacebicuit
    Options
    I called the Tesco head office number today but it went to customer services. I asked for the name of the manager at the store but apparently they only have the names of the main and metro stores, not the Express stores. She asked what the matter was concerning and after explaining she predictably said they have no say over matters with private parking company and no agreement with them blah blah blah. She was a bit stumped when I said but the store is on private land and as there are some free spaces provided there must be an agreement in place with the land owner. she then reverted to the stock answer.

I will try a letter to the store direct and head office also.
  • spacebicuit
    spacebicuit Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I've just received my first communication from Gladrags - i was laughing out loud at the signature which is "signed" gladrags solicitors in a printed hand written font. Letter featured the usual mention of Beavis and Butthead.

What is the advice at this stage regarding offering remedy, is it looked upon favourably if I have offered an opportunity to resolve the matter. I was thinking of offering an amount of £20 which takes into consideration the incompetence the parking company has shown in handling my case.

I appreciate that I am still at the robo-template stage and my offer will likely not even been seen but if I can produce the offer in court will it help my case.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure