* Rocking around the Christmas Tree * - It's the 2018 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• mrsinvisible
    mrsinvisible Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    Options
    Have a happy Easter, everyone, the chocolate egg keeps whispering my name, and saying 'eat me now', don't know how long l can resist it, maybe l'd better 'hide' it in the freezer. Have no plans for the weekend, DD and DGS1 are still away on holiday, DS2 will be here for tea, fish carry-out methinks.
    I have done something Christmassy! I have knitted slippers for DSIL and her OH, and am making a pair for my BFF for her trip to china in 4 weeks. Havent bothered to decorate for easter as the vestibule is full of mini greenhouses and plants, but the coffee table has my grans crocheted easter cloth on and a vase of daffodils, that will have to do.
    Vulpix, so glad your MIL is on the mend, and Peppa thanks for waking us all up on the thread. xx
  • 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Happy Easter weekend everyone! :EasterBun :easter:
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy Easter everyone x
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Happy Easter one and all :easter::icotbaske:easter_os:EasterBun:easter_ba

MrP is doing well thanks, been home two weeks today and still skinny but building up gradually.

DGD is coming today and staying til Wednesday or Thursday so I’ve got a busy few days coming. She’s got some homework to do and I want to do some work on telling the time with her but I’m sure there’ll be plenty of fun things too.

MRSINVISIBLE you’ve been busy with your knitting needles, I bet your BFF will be very happy with her holiday gift.

We enjoyed HP world when we went. DSIL said there’s a huge one in Florida where you can actually go in and walk round the shops and when they went his DS was picked out to try the wands in Ollivanders and he got to keep one. Unfortunately nothing like that at our one :D

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE
    I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend, I have the Lamb in the oven now and it smells delicious, I cant wait! I am trying not to eat too much chocolate today.

VULPIX I am so sorry to hear your MIL has been so ill, sepsis seems to be at the forefront of a lot of illnesses recently

MRSINVISIBLE treat yourself and eat your chocolate egg

JAKESMUM I agree with STOKIEBECKS take your own food if you can, its expensive and not that good in the restaurant, there is a picnic place outside where you can buy butterbeer etc

PEPPAPIG I'm so glad your DH is continuing to improve, I hope you have had a nice Easter
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning,
    Hope you all had a nice Easter weekend? I had my nephew over on Friday, so I did an egg hunt for him and my kids then. Just around the house and out on the deck and driveway. The grass is a mud bath at the moment. We then played pin the tail in the bunny, made chocolate nests and painted sun catchers. By 5pm on Friday we were all eastered out lol.

I'm feeling very fat and lazy at the moment. I need to get off my backside and do something about it. I don't want another summer of not wearing shorts and vest tops because I'm gross. I'm struggling while the kids are still off. So I've tried cutting out my evening cup of tea which I usually have a scone or bit of cake. I'm forcing myself to have bran flakes in the morning. I will start slimming world properly when they are back at school and me at work.

I'm hoping the weather gets a bit nicer next week so I can take the kids up north for a day. We are still getting snow showers!

Nothing much else been happening. just trying to stop anxiety attacks and be more laid back and enjoy stuff.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,325 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Nic,that sounds like a lovely Easter.Snap with the fat and sluggish.I weighed myself yesterday and got a shock.I have put over 3 stone on in the last 3 years.I start weight watchers tonight!

We had a lovely Easter.All the family came and all my cooking turned out great.

MIL is now home contrary to hospitals wishes. They wanted to keep her and set up carers.This has happened twice before and she has cancelled them.She is very difficult.

This is part of my weight problem.I am an emotional eater.There has been so much going on particularly this year.Stuff i don't mention here.But constant stress and worry with MIL etc etc

Maybe if I can get some control of my eating life will seem more ordered.

After my sons birthday later this month there are no family things until September.This is the time I look out for stocking fillers.I am cutting back this year though and giving money.

Love to all Vx
     :
  • girlinayellowdress
    girlinayellowdress Posts: 636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 7 April 2018 at 10:08AM
    Options
    Morning all. Sorry I have had nothing constructive to add. Like most just bimbling around with post winter blues, PIP interviews and illness. Decided to attack the garden before summer and demolish shed, greenhouse, trees, fences and hedges. All going well until the shed, luckily I was watching through the kitchen when two grown men jumped a mile, under the shed was a wonderfully constructed rats lair with tunnels and nests. Glad we found it now and dealt with I guess. Oh and they took up the back yard slabs and found the previous owner had paved over the manhole cover. So the beautiful garden we moved to in November resembles a quagmire at the moment. It will hopefully be more manageable come the summer with meadow plants but as for now I do not even wish to look out of the window. But I can honestly say that although the move was stressful it was honestly the best thing we have ever done. Everyone in the village has a smile on their face and it is so quiet. Next door will be up for sale soon so I hope none of my family get to hear about it as I am enjoying the peace.
    As for Christmas this year it will also be basic and cosy. I managed to find DS yet another chess set but this one was £60 instead of £300. Most spare money will go on to making the bungalow home and finally get to enjoy the real meaning of Christmas. Love to you all and I hope to be back posting more soon. xx
  • Clumsy42
    Clumsy42 Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm sorry I've been terrible at posting. I kept reading and catching up and then not bothering to post anything. Very bad. :embarasse

So, update on the MRI front. Recently finally got an appt. through for it (mid April) and more information. Now I'm even more terrified. Turns out I'm having an 'Adenosine stress MRI'. I shouldn't have googled about it. :eek: Fun fact, in higher doses (for a different procedure) Adenosine makes people feel like they're about to die. Not sure how well I'll be able to cope with this with my nerves and ME. But I suspect I'm being a wuss and I'll be completely fine. Might have to treat myself afterwards though. ;)

In better news, I'm going to be an Auntie again soon. I've bought the most adorable sleep suits for my new niece. They're so cute it makes all who see them 'awwwwwwww'. :rotfl: Just waiting for the little one's date to come out now (C section).

Hope all those with poorly family members are on the mend. xx
    “In 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important”
    - Eleventh Doctor
  • jakes-mum
    jakes-mum Posts: 4,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening all,

Not sure I ever came back after my MRI to tell you how it went! it was absolutely fine, kept my eyes closed the entire time and they gave me headphones to listen to the local radio station so i was singing along to all the songs (typically they pulled me out just as one of my favourite songs came on :rotfl: ) was also lovely and warm in there, actually commented on it to the 2 MRI people as the one at our other local hospital was arctic cold :eek: Still awaiting a date to see the Rheumy to get the results, but the blood tests I had earlier showed a low vitamin D so im now on tablets. Supposed to take 4 a day :eek: but they gave me such bad migraines I am only taking 1 a day (which just gives a dull headache) and will talk to my GP when I see him after the easter hols about it. I was told to take Magnesium as well by a friend but would prefer to talk to the GP first just incase.

Oh Clumsy, that MRI sounds a bit intense! hopefully it wont be too bad, Google is notorious for causing panic, I don't think there is a symptom i've googled that hasn't said 'well it could be x y z or cancer!' so try not to think about it till the day and talk to the MRI people when you get there, from my own MRI experience they will reassure you :) Congrats on being an Auntie again :D
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) £1779.72/£1000 (12) £1596.55/£1000 (13) £1534.70/£1000 (14) £775.60/£1000 (15) £700.20/£1000 (16) £2081.34/£1000 (17) £0/£1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure