* Rocking around the Christmas Tree * - It's the 2018 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    HI ALL,
    I am going to keep coming on and chatting as we all love Christmas but we are also invested in each others lives and are friends.
    So, DD is very poorly, I have never seen her so ill and it was touch and go for us to go a+e the othe night. Drs have given her antibiotics but if she is no better by friday I have to take her back. She has got the flu, a bad ear infection, throat and chest infection. Nurse was worried as her heart is racing but her poor little body is fighting all these infections. She is drinking lots but im trying to entice her with ice lollies, ice cream, yoghurts etc. She is very lethargic and has either been in bed or on the couch.
    We still trying to declutter but its on pause whilst DD is so ill. I did bring a box into the living room to do and im halfway through it. DD just want me to cuddle her as she feels so rotten so I will never pass up a chance to cuddle my kids. The decluttering can wait x
    Sale wise, still havent seen anything I fancy. Got so many birthdays this month! Im going to have a look online snd see if anything takes my fancy but we on a strict budget.
    Still off work, still in pain but real life still goes on xx
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Oh 0462 poor DD that sounds so horrible. I really hope she starts to feel better very soon. I do get cross when people sneeze a few times and say they've got flu, real flu knocks you off your feet without having the other infections thrown in. Sending virtual hugs and lots of positive vibes her way.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    04624181 so sorry to hear about poorly DD - there seems to be so much going round atm and people having multiple symptoms all at once. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in and she'll start feeling better swiftly - kinda puts things into perspective really. Sending get well wishes xx
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Treasurequeen
    Options
    04624181 I hope your DD feels better soon, there are a lot of bugs going around at the moment. I don’t think anyones not had something or another this year, no one seems to have missed them.

Not much Christmassy going on here, Ive got a valentines party in local village room. And an Easter parade do, got to make an Easter bonnet so I’m thinking of ideas. There are a fair few competitive people that do it and as I’m a newbie I’ll have to up my game. Saying that most of them are in their 80s and 90s.:rotfl:

Bought some cute penguin ornaments from Lisa angel and they are bigger then i expected so have put one by for my neighbours birthday present in December and kept the other one for me.
  • LMG1305
    LMG1305 Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    0462 - I hope your DD feels better soon, it's so horrible to see them suffering & not being able to do much about it. I hope her antibiotics start working soon so that she starts to get back to normal. I agree that the decluttering can wait, just spend your time giving her lots of cuddles & anything else she needs to help her feel better.

Currently where I work there seems to be a sickness bug doing the rounds & I am really hoping I don't catch it! Before Christmas it was that dreadful chest infection going round in the office & unfortunately I did catch that, it knocks you for six.

I haven't got anything christmassy going on at the moment. I had a little sort out of a few storage baskets on Tuesday evening & found a load of Christmas gift bags, christmas card etc that I forgot I had bought previously, so I have now put them all together & have them ready to go up into the attic with all the other Christmas things, so that when I start getting the decorations down later in the year I will see them & actually use them.

The good thing is I also found some plain gift bags & some lovely tissue paper, non Christmassy, so I won't need to buy any wrapping paper for the next few birthdays that I have coming up. Instead I will just use the tissue paper & gift bags to put the gifts in.

I am continuing with my productiveness. This week I have sorted more things for ebay (and also posted some sold items), sorted through some baskets & got rid of a load of useless stuff that we just had stuffed in them not being used, thrown a load of things away & then condensed the things I want to keep down to just one basket. This has freed up 2 baskets which I am currently using to put my OH's tshirts in. He is terrible for putting his clothes away, mainly because his wardrobe is actually bursting at the seams, so I have done him a favour & put them all away neatly in one of the baskets. I've also read quite a bit, which was one of my goals this year, to read more. I'm currently reading a Sophie Kinsella book & really enjoying it. I loved her Shopaholic books, but didn't enjoy the last instalment in that series, so I think that series has probably run it's course. I'm glad she is still writing though as I enjoyed some of her other books outside of the Shopaholic series, just light easy chick lit reading.

I'll be putting a few more things on ebay tonight. I have 6 things on there at the moment & 5 of them have bids on. One of the items (a dress) has no bids & not even got any watchers, so I will just put it in the charity stash.

I hope everybody is well. I am glad that it's close to the weekend again. I have plans this weekend to pop into town to have a browse, not planning on buying anything but just wanted to get out of the house for a few hours. We may go to the cinema as well & have some lunch, so should be a nice family day out.
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Evening all

Hope everyone is ok and poorly folks are getting better.

I have a new Sophie Kinsella book sitting on the kitchen table that I got for free to review so must make a start on that at some point

No Christmas stuff going on other than the monthly amount going to the Christmas savings pot. Pay day tomorrow hurrah. Seems a long time since December's pay even though ours is every fourth Friday regardless so none of this being paid a week early in Dec and it having to last which I am grateful for.
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • girlinayellowdress
    Options
    I think it’s going to be a busy year for us. Awaiting a call at the moment to hear if I can get a 25% discount on a new boiler, if so that will be installed in the next couple of weeks. Then hopefully I can save for a new kitchen and bathroom in the summer and have the bungalow rewired. Once those major things are out the way I can concentrate on decorating, only want lining paper and paint so that’s doable even by my standards. Doing comps to try and put some pennies towards new fencing too, won £175 so far since Christmas, it all helps.
    It would be lovely to get that all done and finally have a well turned out Christmas, maybe this will be our year. Especially as the house move is behind us.
    Youngest is 21 next month, I want to find a nice silver photo frame engraved for him but they all seem to be plated nowadays so if any of you can point me in the right direction it will be more than appreciated.
    Hugs to all who themselves or have family that are ill. Thankfully coughs and colds have stayed away from us this winter. xx
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Keeping fingers crossed for you for the boiler reduction GYD. I definitely think this will be your year and hopefully you'll be able to enjoy the run up to Christmas this year.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope your daughter is feeling better soon 0462. Sounds like she is having a real time of it.

We have had the most ridiculous amount of snow the last couple of days. The kids have been loving it. But why didn't it come at christmas? I stood watching it for ages today. Lovely big flakes floating down slowly, so relaxing.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I would prefer snow now than at Christmas, unless it was Christmas Eve night and Christmas Day only, then totally disappeared. It's stressful enough trying to get everything sorted, bought, posted, delivered etc without snow adding to it.

I once went to post OH parents Xmas card on the last day of posting, needed to be recorded delivery as I was also sending gift cards for other family members in with it. We'd just moved house the week before (also on a day of snow) so I wasn't totally organised hence it got left so late. It started snowing as I left the post office and what should have been a 3mile 15min drive home turned into 5-6hrs trying to find a passable route home. Also, unbeknown to me at the time but my boss was a few cars behind on a roundabout to me, some tool tried to turn a two lane roundabout into three lanes in the ice and snow, lost control and was inches from hitting my car and prob writing it off. :eek:
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family