* Rocking around the Christmas Tree * - It's the 2018 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• charlotte1994
    Options
    Peppapig wrote: »
    CHARLOTTE yes cats and Christmas trees are an interesting mix. My favourite tree decorations are three handmade felt robins that are over thirty years old now and which were the only salvageable survivors from the original six after they received some uninvited attention from my kitten. He grew into a lovely boy (although never really lost the hunting instinct) and I had him for seventeen years and I think of him every time I look at them.

I'm so glad the 3 Robins made it!! Now they have very sweet memories attached (:
  • girlinayellowdress
    Options
    Peppa it got worse, the ceiling caused a dormant wasps nest to wake up. Groggy wasps everywhere in bad moods because they’ve been woken. Pest control out on Tuesday, George is in his room being no help whatsoever. Ted is chasing anything that moves and getting paint everywhere
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Peppa it got worse, the ceiling caused a dormant wasps nest to wake up. Groggy wasps everywhere in bad moods because they’ve been woken. Pest control out on Tuesday, George is in his room being no help whatsoever. Ted is chasing anything that moves and getting paint everywhere

Crumbs GYD you don’t do things by halves:eek: The thought of dopey wasps is horrible, good job you’re a coper. Have to say I think I’d be shut in my room too. At least Teddy’s having a good time. Hope it all gets sorted very soon. xx
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening. Not much happening here. Just trying to get through the next 2 weeks of work.
    Looking forward to a chilled weekend. Watching Xmas films and drinking hot chocolate.
    Then it all kicks off next week. Taking the kids to see a production of Peter Pan, my works night out, taking the little one for breakfast with Santa, dancing team ceilidh, then Christmas. That's just the weekends!

Hoping for some colder weather. Wet, windy and miserable doesn't make me feel very Christmassy.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I spent the last month doing surveys. I made £30 with prolific, £5 Amazon voucher with Swagbucks, £5 Amazon voucher from Global test market and£5 PayPal payment from iPos. (Might have those last 2 mixed up).

I've also been crafting more dancgly charms for dancjng gear and planners. and selling them on fb.
    So made a few pounds to help towards Christmas. Hoping to keep the surveys up through the next year and try and make a decent amount.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Tree is up :T :T

IMG-20181208-174259-769.jpg

Thanks Kerri for getting us the extra tinsel we definitely needed it this year as it's a new tree and its wider /taller than the last one
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Looking good STOKIE. (grovels) Please can you post how to do the pics, I’ve forgotten again :o
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    - Go to postimages.org

- choose size 640 x 480 (for message boards)

- choose file(s) to upload

- when photo is showing on your screen scroll down to "thumbnail for forums"

- copy the full link under "thumbnail for forums"

- paste the link into your post on here
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • describes
    Options
    I hope everyone is okay and getting excited for Christmas.

Christmas tree was up for around 1 hour but got really upset about it and put it back in the roof. SIL made a comment because about their religious beliefs not allowing Christmas to be celebrated. I managed to stay calm and explained to OH how home sick I am and I've had a christmas tree since I was a baby. Ours is only 1ft so hardly offensive and we had it up last year. I am more than happy to celebrate with them as its their special time at the moment but clearly mine later in the month aren't respected. Sorry for my rant but it is so hard at times :(

I finished my wrapping earlier today. There are a few things like selection boxes I am refusing to wrap lol
    I'm looking forward to finishing work for the holidays in a couple of weeks as I've been so busy.

We had our work Christmas party which cost me way too much money :(:(
    Went into a club, paid £20 for admission then in less than 10 minutes decided it was rubbish and everyone walked out. Felt like I had no choice but to follow :( not very MSE at all! But as a plus, I struggled to get an Uber home so ended up saving about £20 there and getting the night bus home

I am hoping next weekend, M&S reduce their wrapping paper so I can pop in and stock up for 2019. I've not had to buy any this year because of my stash from last year!
  • creative_gal
    Options
    I'm still struggling a bit with a couple of baby's first Christmas gifts, and with finding my Dad a Christmas card (I want to get him a funny one, but funny Dad cards seem to be a bit thin on the ground this year.) My plan for today is to pop into town, grab a free coffee, thanks to a voucher, and the Sunday paper, then find something for the little ones that I still need to buy for, and find my Dad a card. Once all the presents have been (hopefully) brought this morning, I'll wrap them after lunch. Finally, I plan to watch Home Alone on Channel 4 (quite possibly while decorating the Christmas tree, which we got yesterday.)

Can't wait for this next week at work to be over, I just hope it'll be a bit busier than this week, as it has been painfully quiet at work. I've got a week and a bit off, incorporating my Birthday celebrations, and a bit of volunteering at my local theatre.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure