* Rocking around the Christmas Tree * - It's the 2018 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,320 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi, the trip to buy material for the jacket for school was drama and stress filled!!!!!!!...but I went to homebase and consoled myself with a kitchen blind and a reduced amarylis and a £3 door wreath.I make a door wreath but our door sticks so people slam it and lumps fall off! Any how a fake one will give me one less job to do next Christmas.

Homebase just happens to be near Pondstretcher.I can't remember who wanted Christmas decorations before Christmas but they had decorations for pennys.Eg bauble wreath £2.50 big box of baubles 30p.Their wrapping paper was 25p for 10m.

Tonight I have packed the decorations from the porch.2 boxes and a tree box.I then took all the books off the bookcase in the sitting room????????????????????????????? have I not got enough mess or enough to do taking the decorations down in the sitting room and tree in kitchen and the one in the hall?

Tomorrow fewer books will go back on the shelves and as I take down the remaining decs a lot more will go in the boxes for the car boot sale.

I feel like I am doing Swedish death cleaning. Where you get rid of stuff that you know your relatives will get rid of when you pop your clogs.I just wish Mr V would let stuff go.He has books people have bought him over the years that he has never opened.

Thank you for permission to cut up my great Aunts tablecloths.I will put that on my list of things to make this year.

Vx
     :
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Hi

I had to go to House of Fraser to pick up a pair of sandals I had ordered (going to a wedding in June, reduced from £90 to £25! They are silver glittery, so quite neutral for whatever I end up wearing, plus I will have plenty of time to break them in and more importantly, get used to the heals :o Not totally daft, have also ordered some flat shoes for when my feet give up the ghost, will be staying at the hotel the reception is being held, so it could be barefooted to my room to change:D) so nipped into Card Factory, picked up a couple of packs of labels for 25p each, so sorted for next Christmas, wasn't much there to float my boat.

Had the dreaded weigh in last night, was hoping to maintain at best, or no more than 2-3lb gain after my eating antics. Was slightly surprised at a 1lb loss, but even more surprised, and I hadn't noticed it, when I was told the machine said it was a 6lb loss. Not sure what is happening there, but I looked at my weight yesterday and it was the single lb less. Just hope things don't go array next week.:eek:
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • LMG1305
    LMG1305 Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    edited 5 January 2018 at 11:02AM
    Options
    Vulpix, you seem to be doing exactly what I'm doing. I start to tidy & clean one thing, which ends up having a knock on effect so I end up with more mess than I started with that then needs sorting! The other day I just wanted to tidy up the counter top in my utility room, but within 10 minutes I had everything out all over the kitchen floor, 1 black bag full of rubbish, a recycling bag full of cardboard & ripped carrier bags, I'd pulled everything out of all the freestanding storage units to sort through & then I hoovered & mopped before putting everything back.

Last night was probably my least productive evening as I was so tired. However, I did get some things done, on my new quest to be productive every day. I put a few things on ebay, which isn't much but still feels like I'm sticking to my new rule and at least I'm not putting pressure on myself to always be running about everywhere doing more active things.

Tonight I will be taking the last of the decorations down & putting everything in boxes & bags ready to go in the attic, so that's my productivity for tonight & then tomorrow we have a wardrobe to build, shelves to put up & a bookcase to put together. Then once all that is done I'll have clothes, books & toys to put on said shelves, bookcase & wardrobe :)

Vulpix I would love to see your patchwork when you've finished it, if you know how to upload a pic to here?

GTQ - well done on the weight loss. Great deal on those shoes, I think if I buy any more shoes my OH will divorce me!

I hope everybody has a good day today. I have the Friday feeling so going to enjoy today, even if I have work for a few hours :)
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    vulpix wrote: »
    I have some old tray cloths and tea table cloths which my great Aunt embroidered.I never use them.Would it be awful to cut them up and make a patchwork from them?What do people think?

If you are not using them, they are wasted anyway, you might as well have thrown them away.
    Better to make something that will be used, than leave them forgotten in the back of a drawer somewhere. :D:D

My decs came down today, chucked a few old ones before packing up the box.
    Cards have come down and are piled ready for the sort and chop for gift tags.
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Vulpix I agree on making a patchwork from the tablecloths. Given your great aunt took the time to take something and embroider it herself, I'm sure she'd be chuffed you were taking something she'd done and turning it into something you will use.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    VULPIX I'd not heard of the Swedish death cleaning but it sounds like a really good idea. I agree with the others about the embroidered cloths, I'm sure your great Aunt would prefer you to be able to get use from her work and it's also a lovely way to enjoy and share it.

LMG I like the idea of doing something productive each day but don't forget you need some downtime too. Maybe you could schedule some pampering time or relaxing time as well - looking after yourself is productive too :D

Not much going on here so nothing much to say but still reading every day and enjoying the chat.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • vulpix
    Options
    Woohoo,am on a roll with the flinging of "stuff". Everywhere in the sitting room gone through.Our shoes done.Still to do, built in kitchen cupboard and understairs cupboard with all my craft stuff.Then DD2's bedroom and loft.

It is my Mum's birthday today,MIL's next week.Edibles from the sales given.We have a rash of birthdays until April then a lull until Autumn.To simplify I will just give a small gift and Money to all kids and partners.

I have decided not to send Birthday cards anymore. Contentious. The kids don't do cards so if you can't beat em etc.

Vx
     :
  • vulpix
    Options
    P.S GTQ respect for your weight loss. I am in awe.
     :
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not much happening here. Still enjoying being off. Back to work on Monday. Taking the kids to one of the big Panto's in Glasgow tomorrow. I got free tickets on their last show. Which is great as it would have cost just over £100 for us to go.

I have been feeling extremely anxious recently. Ive found sitting with my planner and bullet journal really helping. I enjoy doodling and prettying them up with stickers. Gives me something just for me. And I feel more organised having it all written down. Having a journal helps loads.

Looking forward to normality on Monday. I may regret saying that by 3pm on Monday though lol.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Enjoy the panto Nic. Nice treat before you go back to work. Sorry you are feeling anxious just take time to yourself when you can to do things that help.

Blimey Vulpix seems you have a lot of birthdays to contend with - I only have one in January which is all sorted and then nothing until the end of March but then they are pretty constant rest of the year.

Been to local wildlife park today taking photos, we picked up our annual passes I bought for Christmas, nice to go whilst it was quiet and will be interesting to take different photos throughout the year.
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport