Giff Gaff Lost My Phone!!

Options
Hi All,

First time poster because I'm having some issues with Giff Gaff and hope someone can provide some advice.

I sent my LG G5 to Giff Gaff's repair center in November (for the 3rd time) and when I followed up after not hearing anything for a week, it turns out they lost my phone in the booking process! Its gone, completely lost and can't be found....

So, Giff Gaff offered me a full refund. My issue with that is that is the LG G5 is no longer stocked and I am not able to get a replacement LG G5 anywhere, let alone for the price I paid. I feel like I shouldn't be the one out of pocket here and have asked Giff Gaff to replace the phone with an equal or better spec, to which all the Giff Gaff advisors & supervisors have said it is absolutely not possible.

This feels like a dead end now and I've exhausted my arguments but I am wondering if anyone here has advice on actions I can take? I really think I should be getting some sort of replacement that doesn't cost me extra for their mistake, but I don't know if that's an unreasonable/unrealistic expectation.

Any advice will be gladly received!

Thanks,

Euan

Comments

• mobilejunkie
    Options
    I'd have thought legally they have offered you a full refund and that's their only obligation.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,280 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I'd have thought legally they have offered you a full refund and that's their only obligation.

I would think the same, like insurance, you should be in similar situation as you were before your loss, and the cash is just that
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,627 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I would even think a full refund is more than their obligation, they could even make a deduction for the time the OP had the use of the phone.
    ====
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport