Time to mend and make do, beg, borrow and barter.

Options

Comments

• troglodyte
    Options
    The exercises are important ladies! Don't want to sound like I'm lecturing but seriously, why would you wish that sort of trouble on yourself, especially when the NHS is so overwhelmed you'd have to wait an age for treatment (and why have invasive treatment anyway if you can avoid it?)

I've been shocked when I've mentioned to friends that I enjoy jumping on Big One's trampoline, how many of them have confessed they daren't do that for fear of wetting themselves :eek:
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl: at you lot and your toilet escapades! :rotfl::rotfl:

Sending positives for your Ma Pips, and for Hound The Elder of course - that's amazing news about the pain relief too - far far better for him if it doesn't make him woozy isn't it. Fingers crossed, and good on ya for checking everything through and making sure you're comfortable with it all first. Quite right too.

Stunning saving on the evil car insurance there too - definitely pays to do a bit of digging. :T
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    slides in to the sound of the rustling of snowdrops.....

Hope you're all well.

sneaks out to go and label 350+ pesky wee white things - festival starts on Sat

Yikes. Update money this week.

:)
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • troglodyte
    Options
    Hope you're managing to keep those little white things under control! Also hope all are well and you've not been blown away or deluged.

We've had very windy and wet few days. Had to go out in the pouring rain the other day so was wearing my long 'flasher's mac' which I bought from a charity shop about 6 or 7 years ago for £15. Next day I found I had lost the detachable hood - it fastened on with poppers and it must have got pulled off as I struggled through a scrubby area. Couldn't find it in a quick search. I thought I'd have to buy a new long coat, but after looking at prices (£120 plus!) I just bought a new rain hat for £11 instead! :money:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,434 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope today went as well as it could.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Hope the Snowdrops are behaving and Friday went smoothly as possible lovely - fingers crossed all the way from here. xxx
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Hey guys thanks.

Snowies are mental - hoping it will settle before we start our mail order.

:)

Mothers treatment 9 hours OH MY LORD went well - she's resting and this week will be hardest hoping she's ok, freezer at hers is full of tasty treats and my brothers soup - rest rest rest.

Must update this months spends. On the positive we've 300+ left of the wages including paying for this years car insurance. But, I need to see where I've been spending.

Wood stove on, heating is still off, pretty proud of that - one room warm and layers for the rest of the house.

Hope everyone's grand and healthy.

Oh - I got me 10 year badge, as of yesterday this stuff changed my life.

Having shed over 30K in debt - in ten years, I'm hugely grateful of all the wisdom folks have taken the time to share, friends I've made and wee tricks I've learnt.

Feeling the love for sure.

XOXOXOOX
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,730 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Aw, feeling the love for you too lass :kisses3: xxx

9 hours is a LONG time, poor you, and poor mother too xxx Hope you're ok xxx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,434 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I will get my 11 years badge next month~~is there one?

POsitive vibes to your maw xxx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Another couple of months for my 10 years I think - amazing to think we've all been about here so long though isn't it!

Good work on making sure your Mum's freezer is stocked with tasty treats - hope this week goes OK for her.

Mental snowdrops though... loving that image! :D:rotfl:
    she/her
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business