Forum Home » Boost Your Income

Become a model... official MoneySavingExpert.com discussion

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Become a model... official MoneySavingExpert.com discussion

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Boost Your Income
43 replies 68.8K views
Former_MSE_LawrenceFormer_MSE_Lawrence Researcher
976 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Boost Your Income
This is a special discussion as part of the

article, all about

Life modelling

which is part of the Work, work, work section

Please feel free to add your comments, suggestions or questions
Just click reply

Replies

• teedy23teedy23 Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there some kind of directory for this, or would you just to down to your local art school/ college. Would be good if anyone knew of a website where artists or schools advertised
    :T:jDabbler in all things moneysaving.Master of none:o

Well except mastered my mortgage 5 yrs early :T:j
    Street finds for 2018 £26:49.
  • superscapersuperscaper Forumite
    13.4K posts
    Don't think this is for us self-conscious uglies then.
    "She is quite the oddball. Did you notice how she didn't even get excited when she saw this original ZX-81?"
    Moss
  • There are a few websites you can join if you want to be a life model. "Register of artists' models" is quite well known. Good if yo live in or near London. Otherwise just ring up colleges or art centres. Once you're in somewhere your details get circulated between artists so work builds up.
    Looks are not important. just the ability to hold a pose. Can be hard work but is a good opportunity to just let your mind go blank and relax.
  • LizD_2LizD_2 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Don't think this is for us self-conscious uglies then.

Actually, 'uglies' :D are more interesting and challenging to draw, (speaking as an ex-art student!), than a so-called 'perfect' person!

Anyway, don't you know beauty is the eye of the beholder? ;)
  • Badger_LadyBadger_Lady Forumite
    6.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah - my ex did this for ages, found a classified in the local paper (well, I found it for him!). Good money, gentle work... and he was pretty ugly :-D
    Mortgage | £132,000
    Unsecured Debt | [strike]£7,000[/strike] £0
    Lodgers | |

• Try contacting local art colleges and art societies and looking in the windows of art shops, especially around the beginning of term times. Make sure you check out the rates on offer before you accept any work as they vary greatly from place to place.

When working, negotiate regular breaks and take a warn dressing gown. Life modelling can be very cold and quite painfull staying in the same position. I used to find music helped the time pass quicker.
  • How much do they pay you for getting your kit off?
  • OH did it for local college and got paid £20/hour
    "Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, But beautiful old people are works of art."
    -- Eleanor Roosevelt
  • aseaasea Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Would you ever get a picture of yourself? (i'd prefer that to the money!)
    nothing to see here, move along...
  • jarrod1jarrod1 Forumite
    534 posts
    500 Posts
    ✭✭
    i could model balaclava's
    i wanna window seat !!