Making money as a web-based researcher... official MoneySavingExpert.com discussion

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• phil001
    phil001 Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    hi, can anyone advise of the working hours for 63336?
    It states 15 hours a week between 3pm-10pm.
    do you have to be available in front of a PC for all of those hours?
    and can you receive & answer from a smartphone?

thanks all
  • Robinette
    Robinette Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    phil001 wrote: »
    hi, can anyone advise of the working hours for 63336?
    It states 15 hours a week between 3pm-10pm.
    do you have to be available in front of a PC for all of those hours?
    and can you receive & answer from a smartphone?

thanks all

I no longer work for 63336, but am shocked that they have brought in minimum hours. Unless things have changed drastically, there is no guarantee that questions will be available for you to answer during set hours; a lack of questions will severely affect your chance of making a decent hourly rate.

Again this may be out of date, but the data entry system only used to run on specific browsers (one was Google Chrome). Even if you could use a smartphone, I don't think that it would be practical.
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Like Robinette, I used to work for 63336 but left last year. The job had really changed over the years that I was there and I, too, am shocked that there is now a minimum number of hours that you have to commit to. When I first started in 2007, it was fairly easy to make a reasonable living, but a period of over-recruitment meant that too many researchers were chasing too few questions, and there were times when no questions were available. If this is still the case, having to commit to fifteen hours a week will mean a lot of thumb-twiddling. I was unimpressed when they increased the charge per question to the customer from £1 to £2.50, but did not increase the .30p per answer that they paid the researchers.

I enjoyed the work in the good times but would think twice about it now.

I used Firefox at the beginning, then Opera, then Google Chrome. I have no idea if you can do the work via Smartphone; it's worth sending them an email to ask.

Good luck if you decide to go for it! It does improve your research skills!
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • qazxcvbnm
    Options
    OK! I'm in!
  • IMI2112
    Options
    I tried to apply today but apparently they don't take more people, at least for now. This is the response I had:

"Thank you for your interest in becoming a 63336 Internet Researcher.

We have suspended recruitment at present. However, rest assured that your details will be kept on file for future recruitment windows.
    This is an automated message - please do not reply."
  • Fallen-Angel
    Options
    IMI2112 wrote: »
    I tried to apply today but apparently they don't take more people, at least for now. This is the response I had:

"Thank you for your interest in becoming a 63336 Internet Researcher.

We have suspended recruitment at present. However, rest assured that your details will be kept on file for future recruitment windows.
    This is an automated message - please do not reply."

There are plenty of users over on The Money Shed that work for 63336, if you need any more info

http://www.themoneyshed.co.uk/index.php?topic=1477.0

also a really useful blog post here

http://blog.themoneyshed.co.uk/working-for-63336/

:D
  • rogertb
    rogertb Posts: 408 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've gone to the aqa site but the link to vacancies (or indeed many other links) don't work ... anyone any ideas please ?

Roger
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport