Making money as a web-based researcher... official MoneySavingExpert.com discussion

Options

Comments

• IndieSinger
    Options
    Hi ultramobile187!

Similar experience to me, but I was only 0.8% below the required score (and if the subjective answers had not been marked down, I would have been in the high 90s).

I was actually doing loads of questions - around £500 one month - and I thought maybe that had something to do with it, but I've since changed my mind!

I submitted my grievance to another SR but it fell on deaf ears. I thought about submitting it to someone higher up, but the company seems so incredibly cliquey that there didn't seem much point!

Thanks for sharing your experience :)
  • marchog
    Options
    I just passed the texperts test after about 20 tries. The first 3 are general knowledge which are of course easy when you know them. Then it's maths and then english. Easy to mess up if you get in a flap about the time. If you fail any just start again as you have to pass them all so don't waste your time hoping to catch up. Then it's questions on a few pages of text - so open another window on the side - you don't have to remember it. Then it's research which seemed to vary a lot in difficulty eg 'what is the melting point of gold?' takes a second to look up but others required checking multiple sites unless you guessed right first time where to look. Then it's the killer question which is usually something paradoxical.

Anyway there's no vacancies, but it was fun.
  • susiesus
    susiesus Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Just failed my second review with AQA. There seems to be a sort of rhythm you have to fall into when answering questions. Its quite difficult to essentially 'make up' an answer that may or may not fit the question, as illustrated by ultramobile 187 posting. They are very strict and the amount of paperwork you have to wade through and rules and regulations do not seem worth 30p per answer.
  • CreditonJules
    Options
    I've just been on the AQA website and have found that they only have vacancies for "Researchers in Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, USA or Canada".

Call me daft but surely if one is researching via the INTERNET does it really matter where one lives??

:cool: CreditonJules
  • THEDS2004
    Options
    Can you tell me where to go to do the online test, I have gone on their website but cant find anything
  • kelspicknell
    Options
    i'm guessing they're not recruiting at the moment as the link gets redirected to their homepage
  • santiagobravo
    Options
    Hi All,
    Im looking to make some extra cash as a web-based researcher. However, AQA and Textperts dont have any UK vacancies and the 82Ask link does not work.

Does anyone know if there are any vacancies available? Or are there any other companies that offer a similar type of job which i can do from home?

Thanks
    SB
  • 00michelle00
    Options
    Hello,

As this is the official thread about online researching, I thought I'd post here rather than start a new one.

Ive been rejected by AQA - I sent in my application a day late - such a shame as I came up with some answers I was really pleased with, but things were manic that weekend!

Just wondering if anyone has any up to date info on similar companies, as well as experiences of working with them.

thanks

michelle
  • misswissy
    Options
    Sorry to hear you were rejected Michelle. I've read that they can be very strict. I have received my application today and this evening have completed it and sent it off. Like you I think I gave some good answers but a couple I thought were a bit mediocre but I didn't know how to make them better, eg the question about Debenhams/Boots makeup. There is nothing stopping you applying next time, just keep your eyes peeled for when they are recruiting again.
  • 00michelle00
    Options
    I have to wait 6 months before i can apply again, such a pain! Good luck with your application - hope you get good news soon!

michelle
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport