IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN - parking in my own space

Options

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Why not refer them to Arkell v Pressdram?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • nasescoba1985
    Options
    Cool, you think I should add that in my letter ?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,489 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Probably not.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    I would, read my signature.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • nasescoba1985
    Options
    Ok guys. I sent them a last strong letter along with a load of quoted lease information on it basically saying what they are doing is illegal. Hoping this does the trick and they cancel the PCN. If not, I will then fully ignore any other letters they send until I get a court paper through the post. You guys suggest i contact you once/if this happens ? Who do I contact please ? Just write a new thread on the pages ? Thanks for all your help. I'm pretty certain as this parking bay is allocated to my flat I own, they have no leg to stand on.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Just add to this thread so all history and context is in one place - don't start a new one please.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Come back if you get a letter before claim OR COURT form. Nothing else really.

While it’s fresh read up on the legal process. Post 2 of the newbies thread.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,489 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Ok guys. I sent them a last strong letter along with a load of quoted lease information on it basically saying what they are doing is illegal. Hoping this does the trick and they cancel the PCN.

It won't.
    If not, I will then fully ignore any other letters they send until I get a court paper through the post. You guys suggest i contact you once/if this happens ? Who do I contact please ?
    Just reply here again. No new thread please!
    I'm pretty certain as this parking bay is allocated to my flat I own, they have no leg to stand on.
    Yes, as do all the other people currently fighting UKCPM court claims from Gladstones, half of which are about 'own space' cases like yours.

You would do well not to just disappear off the forum and coming back only when the inevitable court claim arrives. Better to read any other UKCPM own space thread, book ark them, follow them, stick around (even reading all posts for the day, just once a week would help you). Easy to search the forum for other UKCPM cases. Loads have been through hearings already or have live court claims being defended, and you will learn from them MUCH more than just popping back in isolation to this thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • nasescoba1985
    Options
    Yeh no worries thanks. Cheers appreciate it guys. I have been following this ever since I was ticketed so I'll stick around don't worry :) just !!!!ed off that these scam artists have the cheek to ticket me in my own space. I'll keep you updated if they do decide to cancel the ticket which they probably won't.
  • nasescoba1985
    Options
    Right guys, have just received a quick response from these scam artists CPM basically saying thanks for the letter but they have already made a decision so my appeal can’t be changed. They then referred me to IAS. Now obviously I’m hearing IAS are awful so is it even worth me giving it a try and sending my strong letter to IAS? Will it ruin my potential chances in court if I appeal via IAS and lose ? Any bit of advice please guys.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure