Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt Free Diaries

Single, six kids and going to be debt free! - Page 79

New Post Advanced Search
We are currently experiencing a high volume of spam and have increased the sensitivity of our spam filters. This could mean that genuine posts may get caught. If you believe this has happened to one of your posts, please email the Forum team on [email protected] As always, we are really grateful for your patience whilst we get this sorted - which we'll do as soon as possible.
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Single, six kids and going to be debt free!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
1.1K replies 118.3K views

Replies

• MumoffourkidsMumoffourkids Forumite
    1K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Actually after I wrote that post this morning, I then paid a further £250 off so now it is below £1000!!!

I am the same at a petrol pump. I hate even going over by a 1p when I get to a round amount. :rotfl:
    Emergency fund £257.38/£1000
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    73.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Get that signature updated :)
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • wishingthemortgaheawaywishingthemortgaheaway Forumite
    2.5K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are doing brilliantly. I can't wait for your post next week.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • hugglemonsterhugglemonster Forumite
    930 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic payments well done, you're smashing this debt!

H x
    Debt: New credit card £2291.82 now £2790 Car - Purchased £11,518.40 now £1469.85 Barclays loan 3000 now £1221.83
    PAID - Loan 2 £2200 Computer £646.52, Overdraft 1 £2200 Dad £300
    Emergency fund: £50 General savings: £50
    Aug 2019 starting debt 13,111.79 current debt £5481.68
  • DrawingalineDrawingaline Forumite
    1.8K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    So close!!!
    Dad 6k
    Offer on house and chain complete 21st July 2020
    Solicitors instructed 23rd July 2020
    Mortgage application 28th July 2020
    Mortgage valuation booked 12th August 
    Mortgage offer 7th September! 😁
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
    1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone. Signature is updated as I have paid another £367.12 this morning as I had an extra housing benefit payment this month. I have already paid the rent so it went towards the debt.

Debt is now down to £632.66 which will be paid next Thursday when I get paid.

This month I have paid £1597.12 off my debt. :j:j I have been able to pay this partly because of the extra housing benefit payment and partly because my youngest turned 2 and she now gets 15 hours funding from September. So nursery bill for the two youngest went from £1372 for August to £728 for September and that's with them doing an extra day a week in September!! :j

I was hoping to pay an extra £1000 on top of my £680 DMP payment but my eldest was promised money by my dad and by her dad and his parents to buy some clothes for sixth form but none have given it to her, so I have lent her some money until she gets paid next week. She will be getting about £450 next Thursday so can easily pay me the money she owes me if her grandparents don't some through!!

Right, DD2 is currently making scotch pancakes for breakfast, four of the six kids are up, DD1 will need taking to work later on this morning and then I think the rest of us are going out for the day.
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    73.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Great totals :j :j
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    So I had a little bit of a panic yesterday as I checked my tax credits payments on my app to find that they had taken my 16 year old off my claim despite me telling both tax credits and child benefit that she was staying in school to do A-levels. So I phoned tax credits and they said that they didn't know she was staying in education, so I updated that. They then said it may take a few days to update my tax credits payments.

I checked yesterday evening and my daughter was back on the claim and my payments had gone up slightly but not to the level they were at before.

I checked this morning and they have gone up again but still £30 less a week than what I was getting and now I am getting an extra payment on Thursday this week? I don't understand why they do this. This has happened a few times to me now, where my weekly payments go down but I get an extra payment one week.

I suppose it is good in a way as this month was looking slightly tight as I was preparing to pay off the last of my credit card and I have the first car payment coming out. I have also arranged a payment plan for an overpayment of tax credits which arose when I was with my ex. But with this extra payment I will be fine and then I will save more this month but less in future months.

I have also set my target of extra money that I would like to get to this month. It includes the remainder to be paid on the puppy we are getting at the end of the month, along with the admin fee for the car, my help to save payment of £50 and my usual £100 extra income target.

So my total for September is £380!!

I won't have anything big like my old car scrappage to help this month so I really need to knuckle down and create some income! I have £31.40 of matched betting profit to come in tomorrow or Tuesday so that is a good start and then will hopefully make about £40 a week from that each week. So the extra needs to come from selling stuff and savings on weekly spends!

Right I am off to make DD3 some hair bows for school before I go and pick the youngest two up from my ex and eldest from work.
    1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    So I have started off the month well today with some extra money earnt towards my September income target.

I sold some more clothes to Cash 4 clothes, and then also got some more profits from matched betting.

So my total so far is £47.08/£380.00 12.39%

I am hoping for another £20 in matched betting profits by the end of the week along with hopefully a saving of £10 from my weekly spending budget.

Its back to school tomorrow for two of the kids and back to nursery for the two youngest. The two oldest don't go back to school until Wednesday. I am back to work tomorrow so it is all back to routine by Wednesday this week. I am looking forward to it as the kids have been getting out of routine and staying up far too late in the holidays!
    1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    So I got my wages paid this morning and an extra tax credit payment and I have made the last payment on my old credits cards!! :j:j

So now I just have my car loan and a tax credit overpayment to pay. The tax credit overpayment is £600 and I have arranged to pay that over 6 months and HMRC seems happy with that. No interest so I am happy to let that one just go.

So its just the car loan which I will start to make overpayments on next month I think. I am going to phone the finance company tomorrow to confirm how many overpayments I can make and what the penalty is.

An update on my monthly extra income target as well.

Extra Income September £96.02/£380 25.27%

So I am on target for this as well. Next month my target is only £100 so I should make that one easily if I carry on like I have been doing and any extra money made will go to pay off my car loan.