Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt Free Diaries

Single, six kids and going to be debt free! - Page 80

New Post Advanced Search

Single, six kids and going to be debt free!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
1.1K replies 116.6K views

Replies

• GettingtherequicklyGettingtherequickly Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Back from holiday & had to see what you are up to! Didn't expect to see that balance this early. Well done!!!!!!!!!:j:j
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • apple_muncherapple_muncher Forumite
    10.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :T:T:T Congratulations!! :T:T:T
    NST July jouster #1; NSD 18; Ex 32; bagfuls 6 (53)

Mortgage £500? ish (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143; 01/19: 18.275) MFWDate: very soonish
  • VerbatimVerbatim Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well done on clearing the ccs. If the loan penalises you for overpayments why not let it run and put what would have been overpaid towards your house deposit?
    Hope the children settle back into their routine quickly.
    V out from lurkdom.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • wishingthemortgaheawaywishingthemortgaheaway Forumite
    2.5K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations. That's fantastic news. Time to save for that house...
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • MumoffourkidsMumoffourkids Forumite
    1K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Back from holiday & had to see what you are up to! Didn't expect to see that balance this early. Well done!!!!!!!!!:j:j

Thanks, hope you had a lovely holiday.
    :T:T:T Congratulations!! :T:T:T

Thank you.
    Verbatim wrote: »
    Well done on clearing the ccs. If the loan penalises you for overpayments why not let it run and put what would have been overpaid towards your house deposit?
    Hope the children settle back into their routine quickly.
    V out from lurkdom.

Thank you. I am hoping from reading the terms and conditions that they only penalise you if you pay large amounts, which I won't be doing at first. But yes that is a good plan if they do penalise for overpayments. And thank you for de-lurking!
    Emergency fund £257.38/£1000
    1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations. That's fantastic news. Time to save for that house...

Thank you and yes definitely. Although first to pay off the holiday at New Year with the kids. A once in a lifetime holiday!!
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    72.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news :j :j :j
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Beanie.

So today has been my first day at home by myself with no children since before the summer holidays! I gave myself a little list of things to do which included lots of phoning and cleaning!

I have done all my list apart from the washing up which I will do next.

One part of my list was to phone the car finance company to ask about overpayments. No penalties for overpaying and they have given me the bank details to transfer the money to them. They also said that interest is calculated daily so it is in my interest to overpay. So from next month, I am going to add £50 to my monthly target in order to overpay the car loan! I also need to set up my spreadsheet so that I can try and calculate the interest and work out how much my overpayments save on interest.

I also paid for my home insurance in full today for next year and have confirmed with my landlord that he is happy to renew my contract for another year with no increase in monthly rent!

I have also cashed out £5.08 from a survey site today and that has hit my bank account already. I am hoping for some more matched betting profits this afternoon. I have £45 profits pending withdrawals hitting my bank account this afternoon.

So all in all a very good day so far!!
    1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so update after the weekend on my extra income made this month already.

Extra Income for September £185.93/£380 48.93%

So that's a good increase. It's mainly from Matched betting profits which I seem to be doing well at. I am going to try and aim for an extra £200 a month from this. I have another £20.90 on its way to me in a cheque as well.

I only saved £6 in weekly spending last week but that was mainly due to extra petrol spent. I had to take my eldest to a rugby assessment evening as well as the kids going to their dad's for a day at the weekend. I am hoping that this week I should save more than the £6 I saved last week.

I have also been doing a lot of thinking about my job at the moment and about my life going forward. I do enjoy my job but I have decided that I just don't like working with other people! I get stressed out very easily when other people don't do what they should be doing and I can feel it affecting my life. But I don't know what to do. I don;t know whether to try and set up my own business working from home somehow but I know I can't actually work from home as I will procrastinate until the last possibly minute.

I want to feel less stressed but I don't want to just sit at home and not work. So I guess I need to have a long hard think about whether there is anything I can do from home that doesn't involve working with other people :rotfl:.
  • SpendlessSpendless Forumite
    21.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just caught up and read your signature. Wow :dance: