Options

Comments

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,446 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 December 2017 at 7:06PM
    Options
    Morning all :)
    Still no new grand baby - to be fair it isn't due till tomorrow but its poor mum has been having contractions on and off for days and keeps having to see the midwife. All ok apparently, just messing about! DD keeps taking her dogs for vast expeditions in the countryside, which worries me a bit but cheers her up.

Anyway, baby permitting, todays plans are:
    Dog walks x 2 One, done, OH did the other :j only round the block, but he hasn't left the house except for trips to the doctor's for over a month. So glad he is getting better :T but still waiting to find out what caused his really nasty back condition.
    Fold washing from airer and put away, nicely dry today after a night in front of the wood burner (even though we let it go out before bed, it stays warm for ages). It doesn't even need a turn in the airing cupboard :)Done
    Not much cooking needed as we still have an untouched quiche in the fridge, made a couple of days ago :)
    Look through fridge and check whether anything needs using, or
    (:eek:) putting in the freezer some limes that were lurking in the veg drawer - needed one, had to buy a net in Lidls :( They will get used, but not helping with operation empty freezer!
    Hair appointment today, so won't be another NSD Done
    Take some stuff to the CS while I am out. I have a couple of coats and some books to go :)Took 1 coat and 3 books, books were heavy and I walked. The other coat can probably go tomorrow!
    Bought some more Christmas cards from the local hospice charity shop, a few bits in Iceland (paid all except 85p with shopping vouchers from RM surveys) and a few Christmas decorations (10.50 spent on these)
    Will walk to hairdressers for free exercise, if it stops pouring with rain! Done
    Some cleaning (bathroom floor, I am looking at you!) and tidying Cleaned bathroom, hoovered rugs downstairs, tidied a few things away, put up some pretty lanterns :)
    Check for surveys A couple for onepoll so far

Hope everyone has a nice day :)
  • dizzyblnd
    dizzyblnd Posts: 449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done Princess Pea! 👏
    Mortgage free wannabee 2022 #82
  • Pauper1
    Pauper1 Posts: 387 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congratulations PrincessPea

Today has been another NSD. DS and I shared a bath, made some banana muffins with some very ropey looking bananas, had the heating off once we were dressed, and did a couple of PA surveys, but that's about it money-saving wise. Have a lovely evening all.
    DMP start 1st May 2014 - £5,864.48 £39,349.41
    Original DFD from Stepchange 6th Sept 2039... :eek:
    Now aiming for end of 2021
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,138 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening Penny Savers,
    Everything on my list today took twice as long as expected so I decided to kick the ironing off the list until tomorrow. Moneysaving bits today:
    *2 baths from 1 lot of hot water.
    *Let my hair dry naturally instead of messing about with (& paying to use) the dryer.
    *Did an interesting Prolific Academic survey.
    *Baked a sourdough loaf.
    *Strained & bottled my home made blackberry & pear vodka. Oooh, yumyumslurp!
    *Then strained & bottled the blackberrry whisky I've made for mr f's bday. Also enough for a small bottle to give as a gift.
    *Froze the leftover boozy fruit - we like this as a rather alcoholic dessert on meringues with ice cream.
    *Made mr f's birthday card, which I think will raise a smile.
    *Found old music score I don't want to turn into little origami Christmas trees. Managed to make one. Think will make more in various sizes for a festive winter mini forest.....well, maybe more of a small copse.....
    *Write shopping list - not yet done. Trying to summon the enthusiasm for it.
    *All free leisure today - played the piano, knit later on, 'Peaky Blinders' & enjoyed my audiobook.
    Just watching the weather forecast - looks like time to dig out my massive Peruvian cardi!
    Cheers all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Lottebear
    Lottebear Posts: 794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

So far this week I have

- Paid a chunk off CC, insurance money arrived for my new glasses and I managed to collect them on Monday
    - Made payment into Pension, as I feel this is important to do when I can.
    - Topped up the savings
    - Rounded down the mortgage
    - Couple of ebay sales
    - Food from stores, internet shop arrived this afternoon.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    I have been reading and following 'freezer wars' on here!!
    Congratulations princess pea
    Weather not great here. I've got to got away for the weekend, we have no snow but the wind is bad. Thinking instead of travelling tomorrow I might have to do it first thing Saturday morning.
    Monies spent stocking up everything for the cats this morning and a couple of bits to tuck away for Christmas. Seem to be constantly spending at the minute but everything logged in my spends book.
    Found out that I have to go away for 2 nights in Jan for DD so will be saving every penny to put towards it.
    Have been getting a lot of paperwork done
    Must get some ironing done tomorrow.
    Have been getting last minute bits prepared for Prague aswell.
    Seem to have been constantly doing bits and running errands but I couldnt tell you what.
    Still have a couple of Christmas cards to hand out but everything now posted, all bits posted for DD aswell.
    Banking all checked and everything good.
    Think thats about it from me.
    Have a great evening everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • Pauper1
    Pauper1 Posts: 387 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well, baby brain has saved me some pennies today, although I didn't want to! I got confused with the days for DS's haircut and we were supposed to go yesterday! Gah. If our hairdresser can't fit us in within the next week I think I'll have to get DH to take him to the Turkish barbers tomorrow, he's looking a bit mulletty.

Today won't be a NSD as we have hospital carpark (and hopefully celebratory coffee) to pay for, but that should be it. I kept the heating off all of last night, which DH normally manages to complain about, but as I was up early I put it on again before he woke up. Hoping to do the same today!

I've checked the banks, updated my spreadsheets and completed a really interesting PA survey this morning. I need to phone o2 and arrange our rebate this morning, plus go through all my "to do" mail.

Have a lovely day, all.
    DMP start 1st May 2014 - £5,864.48 £39,349.41
    Original DFD from Stepchange 6th Sept 2039... :eek:
    Now aiming for end of 2021
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Pauper does your dh want it on while you are asleep? I always turn ours off unless there is danger of pipes freezing and then it's only on a very low setting. I don't think it's needed or healthy even when we are under duvets!

princess pea - wow exciting news! Congrats

quick post for me :) managed to get everything on my list done yesterday :A (one of the advantages of setting the bar low! :rotfl:)

My olive bread came out ok, although not as olive-y tasting as I wanted! Any suggestion bakers?

today:

* soup and fruit for work
    * make note of mileage
    * going to a friend's after picking up madam taking giganties plaki & olive bread made last night :D
    * tempted to go for a run when I get back rather than tomorrow morning...
    * have asked dd to pick up craft items for card making session tomorrow
    * have emailed cm re meeting up before xmas
    * check onepoll? probably not!
    * NSD? Very probably...
    * wrap ebay sale
    * knit heel flap this evening

Ok better go finish getting ready x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,446 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all :)
    Brrr it is cold here today :eek: Nearly froze taking the dog out this morning!
    Today's small things:
    OH to dentist - he reckons he can go on his own. He is quite a lot better and ok driving, so hopefully he is right!
    Need to buy some milk and potatoes
    Post office with some ebay parcels
    List some more items
    Take some bits to sales unit as I have some small gaps
    Not thought about dinner for tonight - must get thinking cap on!
    Walk the dog again
    Cleaning, tidying and decluttering, trying to keep on top of it!
    Ring DD1
    Think about what to get for rest of Christmas presents
    Make a list of Christmas food - tricky as I don't know how many we are feeding, if we are going out etc. Decided to just get a modest amount of what we usually have. It won't get wasted whatever happens (though might get frozen :eek:)
    Finish writing Christmas cards (or get OH to) and post them
    Still no baby - DD2 getting very fed up - so I told her to go out and do something nice and Christmassy with little GD. She thought that a good idea. Her OH is home today and they had been thinking they might do that anyway :)
  • angelflower_2
    Options
    Yesterday was one of the bigger days (sorting out DVLA and road tax after scrapping one car and buying a new car then changing my mind three days later, AND, new payment plan for mortgage arrears). Was a scary day so today its nice to focus on small stuff.

I keep forgetting about just how much the small things add up. This week has been quite poorly organised and has involved eating out and buying lunches rather than planned meals. Its left me feeling bloated, and poor. MEH!

However got a lovely gift in the mail today (peeps marshmallows which I adore), and I am off to get my prescription (Thank you NHS for free prescriptions and keeping my blood pressure under control).

Today:
    Make an appointment for gas engineer to check boiler as having to have it on 24 hours because pressure drops when on a timer and it doesn't come back on. With house shares now staying with me, I cant not have hot water on demand. Last gas engineer who came out said I had sludge in system and whole thing might need replaced! :eek:

Tonight:
    Eat food in house and meal plan for weekend
    DFW 228 LONG H 68
    DFD 2017 :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business