gift for someone you don't know

Options
124»

Comments

• KiKi
    KiKi Posts: 5,377 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    People have sometimes bought me a bottle of wine as a thank you for things I've volunteered for. I don't drink, but I'm grateful for the thought - and it means I can take it to parties I'm invited to where we're asked to bring a bottle, or I can regift it. :)
    ' <-- See that? It's called an apostrophe. It does not mean "hey, look out, here comes an S".
  • engineer_amy
    Options
    a few of my friends are very involved in a few local charities and organise fundraising nights/quizzes etc during which they hold ballots or tombola style giveaways. They always ask for donations for these and I gladly provide any gifts that I have been given and wont use. Things like bottles of port/sherry that I cant stand, boxed gift sets of toiletries (im quite fussy about scents) etc.
    Im usually able to donate a full shopping bag of stuff and look quite generous in doing so - in my head im clearing out clutter that I wont use, and hopefully raising funds for a worthwhile cause at the same time. So no gift is truly unwanted, it may just be not used by the intended recipient!
    Mortgage = [STRIKE]£113,495 (May 2009)[/STRIKE] £67462.74 Jun 2019
  • Mrs_Soup
    Mrs_Soup Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I don't drink alcohol but wouldn't object to being given a bottle of something- my family might drink it, I do cook with wine and I am always having to find donations for school events so having something already in would mean it was a much appreciated gift. Actually I would appreciate the thought behind any gift unless it was horribly expensive in which case it is better to know exactly what the recipient would like.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure