Tesco Mobile Price Increase

Options
123457»

Comments

• boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The nanny state should be made redundant and just ensure there is education, fair competition and penalties for abuse.
    Fair competition, Like Amazon, Google?

Sadly many rules have come about because leaders and companies can't control themselves, OFCOM try to leave the telecoms industry to self regulate but sadly have to intervene.

We need to look up the chain, not blame the ones at the bottom.
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 December 2017 at 1:20PM
    Options
    john22 wrote: »
    I love how you like to take things to the extreme to justify your argument
    It was that those were the ones that sprung to mind and have had a lot of press. I just suspect those that are most keen to defend peoples right to spend big money on a phone have a vested interest.

If I saw a friend and they said 'I'm off tomorrow to buy a £1200 iPhone' I would certainly call them a muppet and ask why they feel they need one, I'm not saying it for effect on here, its my opinion. I'm not saying don't buy one.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    I have absolutely NO vested interest. Over the last ten years I have ensured that I make a profit on all my contracts - and I run multiple contracts simultaneously. I have no admiration for the networks at all, having make complaints against most more than once.

Credit cards are now so complex no-one understands them - and they certainly aren't cheaper, thanks to government regulation. If the government had its way everyone would have to pay a fee for a normal current account and those who do look after their own money would see some of it donated on their behalf to those who do not. I simply don't have a lot of sympathy for people who don't even check their bank accounts (as basic as that) for years on end, according to many who pop on on here complaining about charges they didn't know they were paying for contracts they'd thought had ended. Perhaps there should be a regulator to go round once a month to everyone to check through their bank statements for them.

However, I also will spend twice as much on a tv as the vast majority of people. I do that with research in an informed way, with a view to keeping it going and not changing it until it breaks (the one in the lounge must be 15-20 years). As long as I obtain value (and I am VERY discerning and thorough) the last thing I would want is some interefering quasi-government body (or government) interfering with what I choose to do to protect those who often don't seem bothered about protecting themselves.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure