Savings and treats

besttimes
besttimes Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 18 August 2018 at 12:49PM in How much have you saved?

Comments

• Hi besttimes good luck with your budgeting and saving. I suppose it depends on what you class as a "treat" . I enjoy a night in with friends and can get nice food and a bottle of wine for under £5 in aldi. I also use vouchers to eat out and often drink tap water which is usually free. What sort of treats do you enjoy, maybe there is a cheaper way for them to continue ?
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello and welcome besttimes, we have all gone through this too. Welcome to the nut house#!!!:beer:

Have you thought of ebaying or gumtreeing things you don't use? taking sandwiches to work or my latest trick, taking in a lodger? it has made such a difference to me.

The only downside is I asked him to look after my chocolate as I can't trust myself with it and he's gone away and I have to wait till he get's back. lol Don't make that mistake.:rotfl:
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport