NS&I 3 Year Bond 2.20%

Options
1235»

Comments

• Threewheeler
    Options
    What about the five year term issue 51? For customers renewing a maturing bond, how does the maths work for cashing in part?
    :grouphug: Threewheeler
  • honestsammy
    Options
    Sorry for a bit of a noddy question, and I think I already know the answer to this but....

When you open the account you invest a lump sum, but can you continue to add money like a regular saver or do you have to open a new bond every time you want to invest new money?
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It's a new bond every time

27. As Bonds have a specified term, it is not possible to
    invest further money in a particular Bond once it has been
    issued. Where a person purchases Bonds of a particular Issue
    on different dates, a new Bond will be issued in respect of
    each purchase.

https://www.nsandi.com/files/published_files/asset/pdf/guaranteed-growth-bonds-brochure-print-friendly.pdf
  • honestsammy
    Options
    Thanks ColdIron - I thought so. Off to open my bond now!
  • xiox
    xiox Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Looks like these are down to 1.95% now.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    xiox wrote: »
    Looks like these are down to 1.95% now.
    The £3,000 one is still available at 2.20%
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,815 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 March 2018 at 2:32PM
    Options
    Does anyone think that this saving account could be better than 10x Virgin money regular saving account @2.25% managed under one umbrella. You could also include branch products if there is a brach nearby. My personal opnion. VM RSA a/c is more flexible and you could transfer it to your Bank A/C anytime you want to and and then get back again when you do not need it.

But I am aware that it might fit to some people if they are having too much cash to save and do not want to take a risk in investing. But for most people it is probably not.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    Does anyone think that this saving account could be better than 10x Virgin money regular saving account @2.25% managed under one umbrella. You could also include branch products if there is a brach nearby. My personal opnion. VM RSA a/c is more flexible and you could transfer it to your Bank A/C anytime you want to and and then get back again when you do not need it.

But I am aware that it might fit to some people if they are having too much cash to save and do not want to take a risk in investing. But for most people it is probably not.
    You have a point but to beat the 2.20% from NS&I I would need to start 20 months ago.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure