Bitcoins/Cryptocurrency

Options

Comments

• planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bonnie151 wrote: »
    ...So I agreed we’d have a race between the two. To date, his Take Two is up something like 250% while Disney is around 30% up...

that sounds great to me. he will have learnt that some companies increase more than others, and, without having to set out to lose any money, you can demonstrate by showing graphs of, say Disney, Take Two and Standard Chartered, that sometimes the differences are greater, with hard earned money actually being lost.
  • NYM
    NYM Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 December 2017 at 9:13PM
    Options
    planteria wrote: »
    fair enough, but the sum involved is substantial, so perhaps they Should care a little more, following some guidance from yourself :think:.

I can't guide them, I wouldn't know where to start.

The g/parents only spent something like £700 or £800 last Christmas instead of buying the children each a new iPhone or some other technology stuff...

If they were to cash out their original investment, they might feel that the children had received nothing from them other than a hope it might rise in value.

I know nothing about blockchains or wallets (they do have a trezor or a nano something or other, don't remember it's name)
    G/parents might advise them this Christmas but I'm keeping out of it! :)
  • planteria
    Options
    it is up to you, of course, but your children are each sat on thousands of pounds as a result of your parents' gift. i would be taking it more seriously than that.. every penny that anyone gives to my children is taken very seriously.
    i'm not saying that the bitcoin should be sold, and it may well increase significantly in value from this point. but losing those thousands of pounds would be sad to see.
  • BananaRepublic
    Options
    planteria wrote: »
    it is up to you, of course, but your children are each sat on thousands of pounds as a result of your parents' gift. i would be taking it more seriously than that.. every penny that anyone gives to my children is taken very seriously.
    i'm not saying that the bitcoin should be sold, and it may well increase significantly in value from this point. but losing those thousands of pounds would be sad to see.

And aren't there child ISAs? Were they to transfer that money into an ISA and leave it ten years, they'd have a tidy sum. However, kids don't think like that. :)
  • planteria
    Options
    there are, and a well-managed Investment ISA is a good option for a child. but Bitcoin could smash the best-performing large cap fund (for example) out of the park.. along with more risk of course.
  • jacksthel4d123
    Options
    Hi there,

I am hoping for some help please.

about a month ago i set up an account with gatehub and purchased some XRP. After numerous reminders I set up the 2fa and then a day later and somehow managed to delete the code on google authenticator. I have emailed gatehub to request that the 2fa get deactivated. i have sent them a photo as requested on their site with my face, ID and some words on a paper including the date. I sent them this email about 3 weeks ago. I have emailed them numerous times since. i am concerned as when I was trying to purchase XRP I had some issues and tried to email them and even to todays date they have not replied. Unfortunately for me I worked out how buy the XRP before (at the time) I had thought they had replied.

I have read a thread somewhere that he managed to get his matter sorted by getting hold of a gatehub employee. Can anyone help at all?

Thank you in advance. :rotfl:
  • username12345678
    Options
    Thanks for the website tips Tammy.

I was going to use this years ISA allowance to invest in a diversified portfolio appropriate to my risk tolerance but now I think it's crypto time.
  • CryptoUser
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Have somebody info about new perspective crypto exchange. Or web sites where i can trade cryptocurrency :j:j
  • bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month
    Options
    CryptoUser wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    Have somebody info about new perspective crypto exchange
    If you are going to trade on a crypto exchange, better to do it on a well-established and liquid one rather than a new one.
    . Or web sites where i can trade cryptocurrency :j:j
    You mean, like some sort of 'crypto exchange"?

You could find all the big reliable ones with a few minutes of Google or similar.

Let's hope you are not here to spam us with the names and links of your favourite players in the crypto space.
  • TBC15
    TBC15 Posts: 1,452 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    pawlala wrote: »
    Nay - that ship has only just docked!

Just wait and see what happens when Amazon starts accepting cryptocurrencies.
    In that case Amazon strong sell. Lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback