Ebay sided with seller

Options

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    Options
    savemoney wrote: »
    yes sorry it is only slightly damaged the end of battery has a indicator to show how much power but its got damage as the small led display is broken

I have had zero input in ebay dispute I didnt refer it they did and it then went to paypal once dispute was settled.

I'm not clear what you are saying on that last bit. Paypal don't get involved unless you open a case with them (not with Ebay). You can open a case in Ebay and or Paypal. Have you opened one with Paypal?
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 28 November 2017 at 2:28PM
    Options
    I sent a message to the seller to send it back then I got a email from ebay saying this

Hello my username,s.gifusername of seller has asked us to step in and help. We'll make a decision within 48 hours.s.gifWe'll get back to you within 48 hours.

It then went in sellers favour and then nrxt I knew it paypal opened a dispute all I did after message from ebay shown above is contact ebay by phone telling them I wasnt happy with there verdict
  • Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This is all very hard to follow. Are you saying that the seller opened a Paypal dispute??
  • savemoney
    edited 28 November 2017 at 3:03PM
    Options
    I never opened a ebay case and having spoken to ebay once the seller won I assume they must have opened a paypal case they did put me through to paypal but the line went dead I never had contact with paypal at all.
    Brynsam wrote: »
    This is all very hard to follow. Are you saying that the seller opened a Paypal dispute??
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    savemoney wrote: »
    I never opened a ebay case and having spoken to ebay once the seller won I assume they must have opened a paypal case they did put me through to paypal but the line went dead I never had contact with paypal at all.

It doesn't work that cases open by themselves and a seller can't open a Paypal case for a buyer to claim SNAD.....

The easiest solution is to ask you if you can open a Paypal case?
  • iltisman
    iltisman Posts: 2,589 Forumite
    Options
    I have a de-code for some descriptions :-
    Untested=Absolutely unserviceable
    Worked when I last used it = probably unserviceable
    Selling for a friend = broken
  • steveE2
    steveE2 Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think I've found the listing,registered as a private seller and batteries were sold "For parts or not working"-No Returns as is the charger he was selling,now it's possible they were tested together but not knowing which was faulty both were listed correctly as for parts or not working.
    ebay definition:
    For parts or not working: An item that does not function as intended or is not fully operational. This includes items that are defective in ways that render them difficult to use, items that require service or repair, or items missing essential components. See the seller’s listing for full details. See all condition definitions

The listing description says
    Black & Decker 36v Lithium Batterys. ( Untested As No Charger)

Cannot test as house clerance item and no charger

This may mean he clears houses or he is clearing his house(i would be leaning towards the former)

You must have opened an ebay case for return and with no returns and sold for parts etc that is why you lost.

I can't see you winning a Paypal dispute either as they do seem to be as described unless you were to emphasise the additional damage on delivery.
  • savemoney
    edited 29 November 2017 at 12:47PM
    Options
    Thats correct Steve. I never opened a case I just sent him a message and he referred this to ebay. I have never had any direct input either via ebay or paypal so can not tell them any more.

I have had the individual batteries inside 18650 tested. I have found that many of 18650 are below the threashold to take charge hence why the charger reported them as defective, so the two batteries are not even good for parts. On top of that the two batteries each contain 10x18650 batteries the outer case on one was damaged this was not reported in his listing

I suspect he knew this as he also mentioned he doesnt have a charger to test the two batteries but one of his listings clearly shows he does so did have the opportunity to do this.

I also think because they knew this he is playing clever games and referred this to ebay aso I couldnt have any say in how this progresses..

Either way if he clears houses then he must be a trader and because he is using a personnel account I have few rights even he denied me the right to send the goods back under the old distance selling act because I can not obtain his address
  • savemoney
    edited 29 November 2017 at 12:53PM
    Options
    Well as I said I have never opened a case not online with ebay or paypal. He referred this to ebay when they sided with him then rang ebay up. They told me a number of letters to write down, he said he would put me through to paypal and I waited and the line went dead. I checked online at paypal and a case was open. I have never had any opportunity to have my say in writing

I cant put any further information how the dead batteries unable to receive charge so not even good for parts either so complete waste of money for some lithium and plastic that is only good to bin

If you see this video it shows a way how to but there is a big risk. I have had each individual 18650 battery tested with a multi meter by a technican friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ-Do37BeWQ&t=1s
    It doesn't work that cases open by themselves and a seller can't open a Paypal case for a buyer to claim SNAD.....

The easiest solution is to ask you if you can open a Paypal case?
  • savemoney
    Options
    I just spoken to paypal and they have decided in my favour and dont have to return the items. Thanks all
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure