HELP - I had an accident in my wife's car while transporting it uninsured!

Options

Comments

• ripplyuk
    ripplyuk Posts: 2,889 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Klara111 wrote: »
    the 3d party made the photos and showed intention to claim to insurance comp.

I did't do any photos or noted the plate number of the car that smashed into me.

Did you offer to pay all repair costs in full, knowing they were going to claim on insurance? I imagine it will cause more problems for you if they do. It would be better to settle this yourself. Do you have contact details for the third party?
  • Klara111
    Options
    Now update.

Today recieved a letter from 3d party insurance company asking me to provide my insurance details or they will file the case to the solisitors agains me. Even it was not my fault, now the other driver makes me as responsible for the collision

What should I do??
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Your call.

Either pay up or deny liability and fight your corner (in court if necessary)
  • Klara111
    Options
    - Do you think I need to find a solisitor?

- Should I give the 3d party insurance who sent me this letter a call and tell where I stand?

I wanna fight for sure.. I am ready to pay the fine for driving without insurance.. My fault, but not fault in the collision indeed.
    My car is on SORN since then.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You don't need to confess to any one you were uninsured

(The 3rd party insurer will know you were uninsured on the date of the incident)

Get legal advice if you intend to fight the liability issue in court

(First step will be to reply to the letter denying liability)
  • Klara111
    Options
    Thank you Quentin!
    - Do you think I must include in my response a detailed description of what has happened?
    - Or, at this very first step would be better to keep very short with the only statement that I deny liability for the collision happened on such&such date?
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Thank you Quentin!
    - Do you think I must include in my response a detailed description of what has happened?
    - Or, at this very first step would be better to keep very short with the only statement that I deny liability for the collision happened on such&such date?

Get paid professional advice, anything less and your risking more damage to yourself. Nothing more can be done on this forum
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • Klara111
    Options
    ok.. if it must be a paid professional advice - where should I search for it?

don't get me wrong, but I honestly have not a clue where to go and ask.. :(
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ok.. if it must be a paid professional advice - where should I search for it?

don't get me wrong, but I honestly have not a clue where to go and ask.. :(
    Look for a solicitor who deals in road traffic collision claims. A local one may be best, since you can speak to them in person. It won't be cheap though.
  • Klara111
    Options
    so, as in the collision only small dents and a bit of paint damadge to both cars it seems could be cheaper for me to pay the 3d party repairs, which means accept my liability as well, rather then appoint a solicitor ??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure