Any good VPN deals around Black Friday?

Options
Hi, I am a bit surprised not to see any good VPN deals here? I am looking for one. For streaming and work related purpose.

If you come across any deal, post it here.

thanks! :beer:

Comments

• pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I expect so, but my crystal ball doesn't predict more than four weeks ahead.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Return your ball as you where misold and demand compensation .
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's pretty useless anyway, doesn't give me the lotto numbers.
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd be careful doing work using a 3rd party VPN. You're giving them access to what should presumably be confidential information.
  • scams2udirect
    Options
    nord vpn, plus quidco halve your bill. will end up costing about $1.50 pm over 3 years - awesome vpn and price
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi there, well I personally use ivacy VPN for streaming and regular work usage, so far its running good at my end.

I didn't say it wouldn't work; I said it was a security vulnerability.

You need to have absolute trust in your VPN provider. They know everything you're doing online.

If you're using it for work, you need to be really careful that you're not exposing confidential data to third-parties without due diligence.

I wonder how many VPNs are happily scooping up your data and selling it to advertisers, security services, etc....? Why wouldn't they...?
  • mnbvcxz
    mnbvcxz Posts: 382 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I signed up for 3 years of windscribe for about £12.
    https://stacksocial.com/sales/windscribe-vpn-3-year-pro-subscription with 24% off with code BFSAVE40

I'm not sure if its any good but for the price I though it was just about worth it for those odd annoying times you wish you could pretend to be in another country.

I was able to view netflix usa using its dedicated netflix address. Not I think in very high quality, but with the amount of lifetime accounts they sell at £20 each I can't imagine there is going to be a surplus of bandwidth around.

I was not able to view austrian tv.

Canadian I believe. No idea if you can trust them.
  • onomatopoeia99
    Options
    I suspect the above is spam, given they are posting about a product sold in dollars on a British website.

What is it about VPNs that brings out the spammers / scammers?
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure