PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Black Friday ,will you be tempted ??

Options
124»

Comments

• elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I went online and bought a couple of pairs of slippers as extra pressies. Had an e mail with black Friday offers from a wine supplier but realised an earlier e mail from them had offered a better deal so ended up buying a mixed case of wine , some food and a dozen porcelain plates for about £60.

I already had enough white porcelain plates for six but dds now have serious BFs etc so I could be catering for eight or more at a time over Christmas and New Year so getting a dozen plates "free" is useful.

I wanted to get a couple more Christmas stockings then realised it would be cheaper and more original to buy a red and white jumper from a charity shop and cut and sew it into stockings.

We always had the tradition that family bought presents but Santa left the stockings so even now they are grown up we still have stockings and I want to do the same for SIL etc.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • CapricornLass
    Options
    Well I have bought a dishwasher - we've been talking about buying one for the last six months as the old one is getting more inefficient. I did wait until today to see if by any chance it had been reduced - but it hadn't, so I went ahead and bought it anyway. On line, and on credit card to get the protection!
    Sealed Pot Challenge no 035. Fashion on the Ration: 24/66 coupons spent.
  • Emmala
    Emmala Posts: 428 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Yesterday I went to M@talan to buy a present for my god daughter and by chance they had a Black Friday 30% off deal, so it was £7 instead of £10.

I ordered some oil from Clarins (mine is spluttering the last couple of drops) and got 10% off, plus six free samples, and went through QuidcO and got 7% cash back, plus their BF deal of an extra £2.50 cash back. I use this for scarring and a bottle lasts me a few years so I’m happy with this deal.
  • sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,617 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I was looking at a dress a few weeks ago but did not want to pay £40 + p&p looked on the site today and same dress is £15 + p&p so I ordered it!!
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    I ordered two pairs of laces for my walking boots. 50% off and free postage. And my usual shampoo and conditioner for 33% off and free postage.

The first purchases were because the ones that came with the boots are about to snap from constant wear and I'm almost out of shampoo. I've saved about £9, so 50% of the cost the day before.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 25 November 2017 at 2:31PM
    Options
    AlisonW wrote: »
    There is of course the matter of the gift card balance now on my account, which was meant to go towards the Instant Pot purchase. No doubt something will come along that I want /need to buy before they expire in 2027. Maybe even an Instant Pot
    Alison do please log into your account regularly and check your gift card balance; some pondlife hacked my account a while back and helped themselves to £60 worth of gift card money. They did this by simply adding their address as a delivery address on my Amazon account, and using my gift card balance to buy some fancy headphones; they opted for "next day delivery" thus rendering it impossible to cancel the transaction. Amazon were very good, and refunded me, but it was a very unpleasant experience, and I wouldn't like anyone else to go through it.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Grumpysally
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    Alison do please log into your account regularly and check your gift card balance; some pondlife hacked my account a while back and helped themselves to £60 worth of gift card money. They did this by simply adding their address as a delivery address on my Amazon account, and using my gift card balance to buy some fancy headphones; they opted for "next day delivery" thus rendering it impossible to cancel the transaction. Amazon were very good, and refunded me, but it was a very unpleasant experience, and I wouldn't like anyone else to go through it.

Thanks LW, I hadn't thought about that happening. I know you have to confirm your bank or credit card details with them if something is going to a different address, but it hadn't occurred to me that there isn't those safeguards on gift cards.
    I'd asked my children to buy me Amazon gift cards for Christmas too. I'll heed your advice and not add them until I'm ready to spend.
    I'm glad you got a refund, but I imagine it's not a very nice feeling and a hassle to have to deal with too.
  • Witless
    Witless Posts: 728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It wasn't Friday, it was today but it was definitely black!

17 bags of doubles, 3 bags of slack.

Discount was a net of kindling & a pack of firelighter thrown in.
  • Living_proof
    Options
    I will be nipping into Holland and Barrett tomorrow as they have a few good offers. I never buy anything there unless under promotion, as they come round with such regularity there is no need to!
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family