Options
13»

Comments

• Audaxer
    Audaxer Posts: 3,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Pobby wrote: »
    My worry is this. I have twice invested just before a crash. This was in the days when I was working. It might be sais we so much debt around and the length between the last crash, may be we are due a new crash soon?
    I am concerned about a possible crash as well, but if you are investing just in income generating funds/ITs, then although the value of your investment may fall significantly in a crash, I understand that in many cases dividends will continue to be paid, and dividends are based on the number of units/shares you hold rather than on the fund's value.
  • Pobby
    Pobby Posts: 5,438 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks all, Keep them coming please.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    As Audaxer says even if there is a crash the dividends usually continue to pay out. I have a mix of cash as I am coming up to retirement and diversified global funds which are split between income and accumulation. So long as I have enough accessible liquid assets to ride out a crash that is all I worry about. 5% return may be a little optimistic though. I work on a 4% yield. I will not consider property at this time. Too much hassle.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure