🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I find making lists helps a lot with stress. I even write down 'Get up at 7am', 'Have shower' etc :o. I find having a detailed written timetable for the day makes me less anxious and I know I won't forget anything then.

If you go in early town will be less busy too. Lunchtime and onwards is when it becomes hell on earth atm :eek:.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope your day goes ok x
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you :)

I do write lists and things but then I worry about not finishing the lists :o I can't settle until my list is finished and then even when it's finished I get back up just to check I've done things even though I know I have! Drive myself crazy. I think it's just a bit worse because I'm worrying about other things etc and going to town makes me anxious. So all together I went round in circles all night - literally.

Anyway it's all done. I did everything I needed to in town. I went to the vets (Although it was more expensive than they said :cool: apparently it goes of size :cool: anyway that's done too and she's home) Will need to look for something to keep them in as I don't fancy the cardboard box being opened :eek:

Also dropped in to the SA to leave donations of things outgrown by small ones and cards. Didn't stay for coffee though. Didn't buy anything at all other than paying the vet :o It was just too busy! I did collect the board game too.

Just going to have a cuppa at home before it's time to collect the smalls. Last day :T:T

Neighbour fixed our old gifted tree so I have it up in the corner of the living room and will let the smalls decorate it when they are home. Neighbour also gifted the girls some things her DD had outgrown :A It's not someone I've ever really spoken to other than a good morning/evening so quite surprised! DS had told her about the lack of tree so she said her DH would look at it and if not she would find one :rotfl: Smalls have quite a few wrapped up gifts under the tree now from being gifted from people who don't know them in person.

I'm rambling on now with nothing of much interest to anyone else so I hope you all have a lovely day

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    The wee ones will be delighted when they see the tree and get to decorate it. That was very kind of your neighbour.

You sound a bit more cheerful today, xxx
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Thank you TF. I feel a lot better now I've got the stuff in town done. Nearly time to collect the smalls and then I'll be even happier.

I've done the cleaning (not that it will stop me doing more :o) I've got dinner on, just have some ironing to do later I'll wait until the smalls are home and their uniforms are washed and dried and do it all together.

A card has just arrived with the postie (how late is he today?!) I think it must be from you Carolbee I will let the smalls open once they are home. Thank you so much :D

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What a lovely neighbour. Have fun decorating the tree. I used to let mine do what they wanted then re-arrange it when they'd gone to bed :rotfl:

Will you have to go into town again or can you get away with just hunkering down at home now until the big day arrives? x
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    I usually do the same Teafor2 :o But no one will see it this year so I'll leave them to it :rotfl:

No need to go to town again now. Or anywhere really. I did want to call and get some of the veg on offer in one of the supermarkets but I can't face all the crazy people. We will be fine with what we have.

Neighbour was so out of the ordinary. DS is in her DD's class at school and she'd offered to let DS walk to school with her back when youngest was really poorly. But we've never really spoken etc (I do always let on if I see them but not a chat if that makes sense) Lovely of her, She's even sent her DD round with a card for the smalls.

Smalls are all ready for bed (I am too :o :rotfl:) Going to fill my hot water bottle and get on the sofa with a Christmas film I think.

x
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,613 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad you've got the ashes back home. We buried our cat's ashes in the garden and DD got a plaque made up so we know where he is. We just buried the box.

Hot water bottle and Christmas film sounds fab xx
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Happy school holidays :j.

Glad you managed town and vets etc. Hope you get more sleep tonight Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,790 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Always good to have a lovely neighbour :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure