“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,113 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Lots of good wishes for you and youngest - a tough time though you know you have lots of support here.

I'm sorry she didn't get the first choice of school and I remember there are lots of additional expenses with the academy though I suppose it may make things more straightforward in other ways. Only one place to deliver them all to, and you know the staff, and she will have her siblings there who she already knows.

As for the puppy, how exciting! Do the children know?
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Okay a bit late but 11 months into debt busting. This is what we look like..

Debt 09/05/2017 VS Debt 14/04/2018

Council Tax [STRIKE]£2092.71[/STRIKE] £1144 (£948.71 paid)
    Court Fine [STRIKE]£1250[/STRIKE] £755 (£495 Paid)
    Court Fine [STRIKE]£200 [/STRIKE] (£200 Paid)
    Person 1 [STRIKE]£1000[/STRIKE] (£1000 paid)
    Person 2 [STRIKE]£1000[/STRIKE] (£1000 paid)
    Person 3 [STRIKE]£1379 [/STRIKE] (£1379 paid)
    Person 4 [STRIKE]£427[/STRIKE] (£427 paid)
    Debt Total [STRIKE]£7348.71[/STRIKE] £1899 (£5449.71 Paid)

Rent Arrears [STRIKE]£3381.28[/STRIKE] £2740 (£641.28 paid)

Total [STRIKE]£10729.99[/STRIKE] £4639 (£6090.99 Paid)

*Person 4 [STRIKE]£575[/STRIKE] £575 Paid
    *New Debt [STRIKE]£732[/STRIKE] £732 Paid
    *Debt 1 [STRIKE]£387.29[/STRIKE] £387.29 Paid
    *Debt 2 [STRIKE]£1451.40[/STRIKE] £1451.40 Paid
    *Debt 3 [STRIKE]£1137.73[/STRIKE] £1137.73 Paid
    *EDF [STRIKE]£3140.65[/STRIKE] £3140.65 Paid

Total [STRIKE]£18154.06[/STRIKE] £4639 (£13515.06 Paid)

[STRIKE]*As more comes out from under the carpet I will update here.
    [/STRIKE]

Some of these as you know where cleared with help etc. But it places the picture of how things stand today compared to when I started. Only the Council Tax and Rent are mine. The fine isn't.

Ooh, Well done with the debt repayments - 45% of the Council Tax paid, 74% of the overall debt and 18.9% of the rent arrears done - that is awesome.
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    Options
    The children do know now Cherry, names are being [STRIKE]argued[/STRIKE] discussed over. Wish I hadn't said anything :rotfl:

I know in some ways youngest will be happier there. She knows people there from attending the nursery there this year. Her teachers she will be familiar with etc. I just feel there isn't the right support there for her. I understand it's because they are stretched (The reception class she's going into is 94 children. With 6 teachers and 3 assistants) so they do have a lot to keep them busy without having youngest. So the fight is back on for her to have a 1 to 1. As horrible as it sounds as long as she's happy and safe the education side of things doesn't concern me like it did for DD and DS (it is good in this area where as the school I'd chosen wasn't as good)

I'm sure it will work out. I feel daft worrying about school when there's so much bigger things going on over her right now.

Thank you Suffolk lass I still haven't remembered how to work it out :o The Rent arrears should drop more quickly now as thats where extra is going too. The council tax is set up to be clear in 12 months. x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Finally time to sit and watch the F1. I'm late today. Totally avoided all ways of finding out the result :rotfl: It spoils my whole fortnight if someone ruins it :o :rotfl:

No Sunday roast today, not sure what we are having :o Probably make beef & ale pie.

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,365 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You're doing really well with the debt reduction :)

Aw a puppy :) Bet the smalls are super excited.

Hope everything goes well for the youngest small - she sure goes through the mill bless her xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Oh GOOD race today! Not for my poor Lewis though :(

We are all a bit bored :rotfl: Might pop down to my sisters for a cuppa and catch up but that ruins a NSD as it will be £2.50 in a taxi.

I'm glad I managed to get outside cleaned and the windows this morning. The rain has arrived now!

Hope everyone else has had a good Sunday

x

SA Youngest has been through so much in her little life. It makes me sad. She doesn't let it stop her though and she's such a happy girl even if a little cheeky ;) x
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Well done on the debt repayments :T and yay to the puppy :j Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,417 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Your totals are just awesome.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    It will be much slower now Beanie, some where cleared with help and I don't have anything to sell anymore etc.

It feels a bit of a fraud because I haven't actually paid it all myself :o

x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,417 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    It will be much slower now Beanie, some where cleared with help and I don't have anything to sell anymore etc.

It feels a bit of a fraud because I haven't actually paid it all myself :o

x

It is paid though & thats ALL that matters.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback