PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Tuesday 21st November 2017

Options
124»

Comments

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon all
    Did the Xmas shopping trip this morning............ Turkeygate Avoided :rotfl:. Dad was on his best behaviour although he decided wanted to use an invalidity scooter thingy with the basket on the front. So the shopping took 3 times as long and we lost him twice :(

Not sure whether to applaud you for losing him (how do you do that ....tips please) or feel sympathy for you for finding him again :rotfl:

Seriously though glad he was on best behaviour :)
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Happy Birthday Hester.

I hope you have a lovely day and get thoroughly spoiled.

After a full day at Meadowhell - er hall ;) I am scuppered today so lounging around in pjs and fluffy dressing gown. My two blue rose bushes have arrived and the lady who helps with the garden got them planted safe and sound so :j

I have a grocery delivery tomorrow morning with ingredients for a couple of soups and stews and frozen ready rolled pastry and long life milk that will come in useful over the Christmas period when family are visiting and staying over.

Tomorrow afternoon is library volunteering so fingers crossed I can open up on my own without problems.

TA

Good luck in Leeds and try to avoid M and S as there were rammed full yesterday as certain items had run out of stock online.

Hugs to all especially dumpling, jackie O, LameWolf and judi.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,414 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nelski We lost him because he was so slow on the mobility scooter and wandered off to look at things not on the list, when we turned our back. He too likes to pick things up, scrutinize it, complain about the price and put it back. Gosh I seem to be describing a toddler as I felt like saying " don't touch" and "put it back, you don't want it " :D ! Perhaps on Sunday he was having the "terrible twos ".......again :rotfl:.
    LW He only has one, a NHS one as he's too tight to pay for one, let alone two. ( he's not short of a bob or two either, so the money is not the problem ). He hasn't tried two at the same time to make an informed opinion. I have tried to get him to get another one but he says that he can't be bothered, which seems to be his customary answer these days :(. It's very much :wall:. But thank you very much for taking the time trying to explain, it is much appreciated.
    :( for the pooly PC. How nice has Mr LW have to be to use your laptop, now I'm intrigued :think: ;).
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Evening all - in true Dixon style.

We survived our trip to Leeds and Mr TA managed to find his way to the hospital for his special blood test without me. Ha ha! In fact we have been so many times over the last few years I think we could get there blindfold!

I did an aimless wander through a few shops and, surprisingly, they didn't seem any busier than normal. Mind you, Leeds is always busy! I got a couple of picture frames from HomeSense for some new photos of middle DGD (our mini Margot Fonteyn) in ballet attire. Other than that just a few more stocking fillers for the DGDs and then it was time to meet back up with Mr TA. As planned we stopped off on route home for a late lunch accompanied by a large glass of vino.

So a no cooking day for me. I think just a snack when we visit the jungle at 9.00!! I too am loving Stanley, what a lovely man he seems.

Enjoy what's left of the evening folks xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 21 November 2017 at 9:39PM
    Options
    :( for the pooly PC. How nice has Mr LW have to be to use your laptop, now I'm intrigued :think: ;).
    Hester would explain it far better than I. ;););););)

Oh and I forgot to mention - how's this for irony - my hearing aid has packed up, so I'm having to manage without, and it's a nightmare. Mr LW will have to ring to get me an appointment, but we've hung fire on doing that til we knew when his appt with the consultant was to be (because in my view that's far more important).
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

Thanks for the thread nmlc and hugs to all those in need.

I've bee awake for an hour but I've not bothered to get up as I don't need to yet.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester

I must have missed your birthday :o

I hope you had a lovely day Hester :) xxx
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Nelski We lost him because he was so slow on the mobility scooter and wandered off to look at things not on the list, when we turned our back. He too likes to pick things up, scrutinize it, complain about the price and put it back. Gosh I seem to be describing a toddler as I felt like saying " don't touch" and "put it back, you don't want it " :D ! Perhaps on Sunday he was having the "terrible twos ".......again :rotfl:.

oh that is my mum to a tee... she's even been known to put a morrisons fresh baked apple pie into the freezer section cos she has decided she would prefer a frozen cheesecake but can't be bothered putting the pie back where she got it from :eek::eek:

Oh joy :D
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope that you have had a great birthday Hester.

Csarina......hope that you have a better night tonight and that tomorrow is a better day.

Good luck to Mr LW tomorrow.

Judi....enjoy your peace!

Dumpling......glad to hear that Becky is happy in the clinic......hugs for you both.

I have recently had to admit to myself that I could do with at least one hearing aid......at a cost of about €3/4k it/they will have to wait for a bit.

Bedtime is sneaking up, sleep well all and stay safe.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family