DC digital entertainment ltd

Options
2»

Comments

• It's hard to know where to start but the short story is I was looking to replace my very trustworthy Pioneer Plasma and decided Black Friday would be a good day, after visiting many stores the item I wanted was not available so with my brother we located the item online, a bit hasty I now realise I ordered the TV on the 25th Nov and it arrived yesterday the 11th December.
    My immediate horror was realised just by looking at the box as it was removed from the lorry, I then looked inside and I couldn't even describe the mess I saw, a totally unwrapped TV, no paperwork, manuals, instructions and a total mess.
    A badly marked TV which reluctantly I powered it and it did work but I immediately tried contacting DC Digital to get it returned all to no avail, after several attempts via phone and then email the bottom line is "NO CHANCE" not interested the sale is final.
    I am so shocked by the whole affair I am seeking legal advice to see what my options are, I advise you to stay well clear at all costs.
  • Katiesmiles
    Options
    Hi I had a phone which was advertised as silver unlocked however on arrival it was scratched on the back wrong colour and locked to Vodafone. They offered full refund but now want to deduct £150 as the box was opened. I have refused this and requested full refund plus return postage in seven days. This is now up.
    I have all photos and emails.
    My question is
    Do I have to accept the refund less £150 and sue for this or do I reject and sue for it all in small claims court ?
    Thank you
  • wendyray
    Options
    I purchased a Samsung 65" tv from them in April this year. It was delivered at 9 o'clock at night, so only took the top off to check that everything was there. We unpacked it and powered it up the next day to find a huge black line running down the side of the tv. Took a photo straight away and emailed it to them. They offered to send a replacement and collect the damaged tv, which I have in an email. After a few emails asking for a delivery/collection date they sent their driver only to collect. Not heard anything from them since apart from them saying that they believe I damaged the tv by moving it. I am still waiting and have had to contact Trading Standards. Now seeking legal action. TV cost me £1500. Do not use this Company as they are not true to their word. Visiting Register of Companies and searching for the Company may be useful as they used to own another company which has since been dissolved, and there are a lot of negative reviews on TrustPilot.
  • HonestReviewer
    Options
    Posted a review on trustpilot, within minutes it was flagged. They have changed the name of the company now. To something like "BuyTvDirect" or something like that. They have mass flagged hundreds of reviews on trustpilot and the site just let's them.

I'd keep well away from this company.
  • wendyray
    Options
    Search on this..dcdigitaltv…..and you will get BuytvDirect.

1. I also posed as a customer and when I got to the payment page, you can see what is shown. Note the bank details are still DC Digital and the website is BuytvDirect. If I get a positive outcome from my situation ie they owe me £1500 or a tv that works then I will update you all. Also this will apply to TrustPilot review too and Watchdog.
  • whiten1
    Options
    Also known as DC digital entertainment ltd, Go digital Warehouse, Go go digital.

After purchasing a Samsung 32” TV on the 28th oct 2018

Here’s what I encountered:

28th oct 2018, Order completed (£197.99 via Bank Transfer)

Fri 2nd Nov, Estimated delivery date via
    UPS

5th November, Delivered via UPS

Tv received but had faulty LCD screen
    Returned tv as requested at my own cost via UPS (was promised the shipping would be refunded)

08th November, Go Digital Confirmed receipt of TV and replied “passed to warehouse to process replacement”

19th Nov, after numerous emails and pointless telephone calls, I sent a formal complaint to which I got a response. I was told “You'll be receiving your refund within 3 - 5 working days”

21st November, I received an email, “Refund cheque posted today”
    I Received a check which did not include the shipping fees which I was promised (£17.30)

22nd November, I received an email “we will be processing your refund for the shipping costs”

22nd November, I received an email “please confirm your shipping costs” (I also attached invoice)

02nd December, I sent an email to Go Digital as the check did not clear in my account.

05th December, I received an email “please provide bank details to customer service on 01202879077 or email to enable them to refund via faster payment method”.

05th December, received email “the check payment was stopped as this item is to be delivered as it was an exchange. We will book in your replacement TV to be delivered next week” (30 days too late)

05th December, I received a letter from my bank confirming that the check had bounced (refer to drawer) due to insufficient funds in the company account.

06th December, after speaking to the citizens advice bureau for legal advice, it was confirmed they are in breach of there contract. Another formal letter was sent making them aware of my intentions.

07th December, received an email “Sorry for any inconvenience caused and any delay. We will process your refund as soon as possible.
    This will take 3-5 working days

07th December, received an email “The refund has been passed to a member of management and will be processed and put into your bank account within 3-5 working days

10th December, received an email” Hello, a note has just been added to your order:
    “Dear Sir
    please provide your bank details so we may arrange a return”.

17th December, 7 days had passed, No email or refund.

17th December, I sent a final request for refund “I have now sought legal advice and also raised the issue with the Consumer Ombudsman. If I do not receive payment of the amount outstanding, a total of £215.29 by 4pm on 21/12/2018, I will be issuing small claims proceedings and seeking judgment against you.

18th December, received email “Hello, a note has just been added to your order:
    Refund cheque posted today
    cheque number 102677
    18/12/2018

21st December, received check for full amount.
    28th December, Check cleared in my account

A total of 2 months I have waited.

After careful review by the bank & the citizens advice this would appear to be a scam. In the hope that the buyer gets so exhausted with emails and poor communication, not forgetting the bounced checks, this can and has resulted in defeat for many. After reading many of the bad reviews, it does appear to have happened to a large number of innocent buyers who have suffered the stress and anxiety like I have, but have not received their money back some of which have probably not left feedback on here. My advice would be to stay away, you’ve been warned!

Buy your electrical products from a reputable company. Pay the extra cash and save the massive headache.
  • ya_xennial
    Options
    Hello there.
    I found this thread after a similar experience with the latest incarnation of this company. They are now trading as UKDATATECH LTD (12066848) using the website mimotek.co.uk.
    Having experienced some pretty poor customer service from them, and seeing that others are going through similar things on their trustpilot page I thought Id make this post to try and join the dots and see if anyone here got any kind of resolution after their experiences.
    Cheers.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure