PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2017 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    About £24 last night in Morries, friends owe me £27 for beef and pork joints, I wanted to spend £50 to get 10p off per litre of petrol as I am travelling to visit rellies over the weekend, and will nearly empty my tank.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • CattyCatX
    Options
    I came in only a few pounds over for November so really very pleased with that (sorry, have been too busy to post for a while :( ), I have upped the budget for December to take account of Christmas, though the tree is up already and all decorations are made/bought and cards sent so most spend should be food-related. Majority of presents done too. Trying to decide what to do for Christmas dinner (my first time hosting) as one of my family members has just gone on a strict diet that rules out most traditional things... eek! I'm looking at it as a fun festive challenge :)
  • Need2bthrifty
    Options
    A quick shop in Mr T's for a loaf and 2 bottles of basic diet lemonade = £1.44.
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    £37 in tesco and £3 wilkies, wanted some stilton and chocolate, got the stilton no choc, I had a £6 off £40 spend, £10 on stilton £18 on nicotine patches, few other bits, so topped up with dogs chicken thighs, enough now to last till end of Feb
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • JingsMyBucket
    Options
    €6.73 on toilet paper plus pesto and boxed soup for OH. Buying that toilet paper actually pained me because I know I could get much more cheaply in Lidl tomorrow. Harumph.

Tomorrow I'll head to Lidl for paper towels, fabric freshener (Febreze type stuff) and bathroom cleaner. I'll get some olive oil at a market on the way there as well.

Totals so far:

€43.18 / €350.00 for groceries
    £66.64 / £200 London stocking up fund
    1 NSD

@RedFraggle, why is your budget blown for the month? :) Can you stretch it a bit?
  • PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,102 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good evening All

Six days into the month and we’ve spent £27.49 in Mr T’s, £7.30 at the farm shop (veg and eggs) and £2.58 in L!dl (my husband spent that entirely on chocolate). That brings our total spend so far to £37.37/£162.70 leaving a balance remaining of £125.33.

Annoyingly, since half this month’s grocery budget is in Clubcard vouchers, we didn’t have the grocery purse with us when we dropped into Mr T’s last night after our weekly quiz. :mad: It was an (almost) unplanned visit, without the shopping list. DH started 3 week’s work yesterday and needed some bits to make wraps for his 10am “lunch” break. (He’s working 6am - 2pm.).

Thanks Zippy and Coxy for keeping the thread up to date.
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it - that’s what gets results!

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons, 0 spent.
  • Mrs_Cheshire
    Options
    Had a few spends, c0-0p for toilet roll £3.29, they used to be £2.99!
    Tosco for a small top up and I also got the wine for Christmas and a few events coming up as it was 25% off 6 bottles with staff discount too.
    Wine should have been £46.50 but with the 25% and staff discount and vouchers it came to £26.38. spent £17.42 on the rest as I'm not counting £6.20 on Christmas tree lights.
    £3.98 in ald! yesterday on breakfast bits and strawberries, and £5.18 today on bits for tea and lunch bits for tomorrow.
    We're off to my parents to do an early christmas this weekend, so won't be spending too much.
    Grocery Challenge 2020
    Jan £377.98/£380, Feb £417.83/£370 March /£400
  • trifle-wist
    Options
    Spends so far of £29.74, including this week's big shop in Aldi for £14.62. All I need now is to get hold of tahini for a dressing but at around £2 I'm not sure I can justify it!

Our food for the rest of the week will be:
    Thurs homemade falafels & salad
    Fri homemade falafel & feta wraps
    Saturday blue cheese & butternut squash tart
    Sunday leftovers
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,110 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This should be my last spend from GC for 2017 as move to festive budget from next week. £24 today so £46/£60 for December
  • chocoholic_chick
    Options
    Spends of £58.83 tonight in Lidl. Includes 3 bottles of their Primitivo wine @£4.99 each, a couple of packs of smoked trout they had reduced which I love but its a rare treat as the only place I've seen it before is at Sainsburys where it's £5.25 a pack, I got 2 for £4.88! Bought the things I need to make the sticky toffee cupcakes and food and snacks for DH and his mates who are coming round Saturday. So just as well I upped the budget for the month, already at £109.11!
    New House... New Mortgage! February 2017: £144,000 :eek:
    Current Mortgage Balance: £96,440.99
    2017 OP's:£5,935 2018 OP's: £11,956.00 2019 OP's: £11,988 2020 OP's: £1,998
    Total Debt[STRIKE] £29,209[/STRIKE] £0 :j:j:j Debt free 6/8/16
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business