🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Claire1972 wrote: »
    Glad I saw this was going to test later. Can I ask which Fb group it was on please.

It's someone who posts in a FB group Claire but not on MSE. Also he messaged me rather than put in on group and said that it was ok to share his shop.
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Today I bought myself a calendar called 'Ladies Who Lunch,' in the faint hope that this might have some effect on my subconscious as I use it through the coming year.

Because it's about time. And at 63, this 'Woman who Works' thing is all wearing a bit thin, quite frankly, and Seren is getting a bit tired of struggling. It all feels worse in the winter, I think.

Anyway, I now have 2 jobs, the hours from Job 1 got reduced again, so I took on Job 2. This is a good thing, as it's computer work that can be done from home.

So what I want now is for the prospects for Job 2 to increase, so I can politely tell Job 1 where to go. :)

And then I'll figure out the Ladies Who Lunch bit. :)
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• izzeyb
    First Anniversary
    Options
    pepper77 wrote: »
    I see Tresemme kits are down to a lady Godiva in A

Yep and still comparing to T's today.

£10 spend and APG for £7.99

• curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 December 2017 at 7:44PM
    Options
    Soup.......

Just checked a receipt from yesterday. I bought 5 for £3 assorted Batchelors cup a soup, apg shows 1.07 v 90 S. So returned an unexpected £1.30 on a £3 spend.

Evening peeps.

So 34p a box! :money:
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 14 December 2017 at 8:01PM
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    Not sure what gift cards look like at M&S but couldn't you take say a £10 gift card (if they do these) to the check out and pay for it using a £5 and a £3 droid and £2 cash?

Even better if you could then ask to top up the card and pay for the top up using droid vouchers....

The CS is at Mr T not SADA so I don't think it is an APG thang but a brand match thang hence the need for separate baskets - please correct me if I am getting it wrong?

Ah, I had misunderstood, so my apologies.
    However, unfortunately separate baskets on this won't work to compare against W for the Kettle Bites as TBG does not compare against W. Therefore it would have had to have been only a shop against M - that actually might slip in today as I think TBG collects prices on Thursdays:D. However, they may update quickly, on the same day, so it is probably over now - may have been working between the time of my original reply and your reply to that, but now probably not:(. Might still be the large Kettle bags, but Kettle Bites have gone to full price in M unfortunately. If you try to target Tvs M on the Kettle Bites now, it could be getting CS off T's £1.50:( or, even worse, getting it off M's higher full price if the shop overall, of which they are part, comes out 'best' vs M:mad:.

EDIT: It may now have to be separate shops, one for Kettle 250g vs £1.50 M and one - open to Northern Ireland - for Kettle Bites in 3s vs A 3 for £3:rotfl:. Don't the Kettle Bites, if you have an A and a T equally available to you, work best on the APG without the CS with the Tom Ketchup trigger vs W? You mention £1 and 50p CS so TBG vs 3 for £3 A = £1 each and 50p each CS makes them 50p each. However, the high individual price of the Kettle Bites but the full price comp. on A vs W works out at less than 50p per the three items bought (2 Maple BBQ Kettle Bites - M mix and match may no longer work if APG updated to current M prices - and the Tom Ketchup). In A, it's pay 3 for £3 (for 2 Kettle Bites Maple packs and 1 Tom Ketchup trigger) and get £1.98 back = £1.02 for the three items or 34p each. Works out better than T even without the CS.
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Evening folks :)

I've got my carrot babies :j

I've been meaning to ask you about Co op wombles, do they generally get applied OK or is it complicated?
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• izzeyb
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Luscious lips still working today against Tesco

3x Nivea Luscious Lips (each) £15.00 £7.86

APG £8.00

• curl_girl
    Options
    Pleased with the free desperados from One Stop but it's expensive in there £5.09 for a 3 pack!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :j:j:j

It is really happening - That Sister had her PEG put in today

Beginning to believe she will do this :A

Snap, good luck to your sister, wishing her all the luck in the world that her treatment will be a success.

Staff in Velindre are wonderful, nothing is too much trouble for them.

When i was there in October, ITV were there filming for a programme due to be broadcast early next year. Hope they didn't get me on camera :eek::rotfl:
  • curl_girl
    Options
    Is the 5 for £3 Soup offer still on in A please?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport