Forum Home» Quick! Grabbit while you can» It's Gone, but was it any good?

Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½ - Page 5081

New Post Advanced Search

Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

edited 19 February 2018 at 12:48PM in It's Gone, but was it any good?
57.6K replies 5M views

Replies

• mhocmhoc Forumite
    19.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the baked crisps - well the cynic in me says there wont be much stock. Whilst the Elite might be happy enough to get a couple of packs each day or with each shop there are others from other FB websites eg 10ways who will think nothing of shelf clearing and driving to every MrT in the area and doing the same.

My 2nd thought is what sort of expiry dates do these crisps have - I think the expiry date on crisps is quite short. Not that any of us care about eating out of date crisps - those walkers crisps were 2 months out of date before we finally finished them :)

3rdly - where on earth we are going to store them, they dont exactly stack nicely :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • edited 14 October 2018 at 12:42PM
    aau1aau1 Forumite
    19.4K posts
    edited 14 October 2018 at 12:42PM
    mhoc wrote: »
    Regarding the baked crisps - well the cynic in me says there wont be much stock. Whilst the Elite might be happy enough to get a couple of packs each day or with each shop there are others from other FB websites eg 10ways who will think nothing of shelf clearing and driving to every MrT in the area and doing the same.

My 2nd thought is what sort of expiry dates do these crisps have - I think the expiry date on crisps is quite short. Not that any of us care about eating out of date crisps - those walkers crisps were 2 months out of date before we finally finished them :)

3rdly - where on earth we are going to store them, they dont exactly stack nicely :)
    [strike]
    I saw the crisps in my express store. It might be an idea to pop in to those as they might not get cleared out quite as regularly[/strike]

Edit: scratch thatt. i just picked up my first mags and see express stores are excluded
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • emerald21emerald21 Forumite
    11.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning all - Ive been in the wars already this morning, drawing the curtains some nasty little sod, wasp or something stung me between 1st and 2nd finger on my right hand :mad:

i ice cubed it and then OH put his pain killing cream on but it still hurts. I dont deal with pain well which is riduclous as I still give blood.

Builder was supposed to be coming back to give the windows another coat and to do the step but we have rain so that wont happen. I dont think there is one job in the house fully finished.

But we are still off the Sainsburys local and then Waitrose this morning and at least the rain has stopped.
    Ive a nice job lined up for this afternoon, getting OH to bring photos out of the loft so Id better get a shift on :)

I got stung a few weeks ago when I was on my walk around the walls in Chester. I was just minding my own business when this wasp landed on my leg and stung me straight away. I couldn't pull my trousers down and have a look though so just carried in cursing at the same time lol.

Another time I nearly fell on my face three times with the uneven floor, well the Romans' did build it . It's not safe even going for a walk

Good Morning all :)
  • altojackaltojack Forumite
    9.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning Elite :hello:

It was raining earlier this morning now it's just a murky grey and very still.

Woke just after 4am then took ages to go back to sleep, I now feel the need for matchsticks to prop my eyes open.

Thank you Pacifica I helped myself to the black coffee :D

Hugs to the Elite poorly, and special thoughts to those feeling low in spirit and mind. You're all in my thoughts xx
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • altojackaltojack Forumite
    9.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've got an empty box ready and waiting to store my crisps. :cool:
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • tweetstweets Forumite
    35.9K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aau1 wrote: »
    I saw the crisps in my express store. It might be an idea to pop in to those as they might not get cleared out quite as regularly

Crisp coupon not valid in Express stores
  • diluvsdiscountsdiluvsdiscounts Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    I’ve never heard of ecobricks. It is confusing as to what plastics can be recycled, I wish companies would just use all recyclable.
    I’ve also been recycling clean plastic bags in the Sainsbury’s ‘bag bank’ thing, I read (think on here) they take any bags not just carriers.

Google ecobricks, I haven't looked into it properly yet but looks interesting.

My belief of recycling soft plastics is that if it stretches it can be recycled.

Each council appears to have different recycling rules, ours say that any plastic trays that have a 1 or a 2 in the triangle on the bottom of the tray can go in with plastic, glass and tin. What they then do with it after that is anybodies guess.

I wonder why packaging companies continue to make plastic marked 5 and 6 when this cannot be recycled.
    0/28lb
  • edited 14 October 2018 at 10:29AM
    diluvsdiscountsdiluvsdiscounts Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 14 October 2018 at 10:29AM
    Morning all - Ive been in the wars already this morning, drawing the curtains some nasty little sod, wasp or something stung me between 1st and 2nd finger on my right hand :mad:

i ice cubed it and then OH put his pain killing cream on but it still hurts. I dont deal with pain well which is riduclous as I still give blood.

Builder was supposed to be coming back to give the windows another coat and to do the step but we have rain so that wont happen. I dont think there is one job in the house fully finished.

But we are still off the Sainsburys local and then Waitrose this morning and at least the rain has stopped.
    Ive a nice job lined up for this afternoon, getting OH to bring photos out of the loft so Id better get a shift on :)

Mhoc if you have any rings on that hand can I suggest you remove them if you haven't already. The number of people we have seen this year having to have their rings cut off due to wasp stings has been ten fold compared to other years.
    0/28lb
  • zippydoodazippydooda Forumite
    16.1K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Posted a few days back. That the crisps in my store were dated end of February
  • Enterprise_1701CEnterprise_1701C Forumite
    23.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't have the chance to try it last time I was stung by wasps (3 of the little beggars) but vinegar is meant to take the pain away, any sting is alkaline and vinegar is acid so it counteracts it. Have to admit I have been stung so many times, anything from stinging nettles to bees, that I really barely notice now.

I have a box ready in the stash room, if nothing else they will stack nicely in a specifically designed gap (assuming OH doesn't put anything else there first :mad:).
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support